Wtg artica 1/3hp

flowy

Bro, please call out his name, location of his home to let other reefer know and beware of such unscrupulous people in this small reefing community. 

Unfortunate lesson learned here. You will be more careful in the future. 

Cheers 

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• SRC Member

Do discloae the selller name and also let the seller know about this situation so that he can explain himself too? Good to hear both side of story before final judgement

Edited by Ooozone

• SRC Member

His name is Rashid on SRC, i do hope he can come up and clarify himself if he feels that there is any form of accusations. I am personally a friend of Flowy so take it with a pinch of salt that what i am about to say might be biased.

However, from what i have read about their conversation, it was fair to say that the chiller was only bought from Rashid for about 2 weeks .

Flowy posted awhile ago he was looking for 1/4 or 1/3HP chiller and, Rashid Pm him saying that he had one for sale which is about 2 years old and stating he was the first user (take note of the *first user*)

Flowy then went down and check that the condition of the chiller was running. However when he brought home, he did not have time to set it up as he was in NS. He then later engaged Sam Zhang from aquanautics to service the chiller as he felt that it was dirty and a little "worn out".

Sam later stated that this was nearly a 10 year old chiller (nonetheless flowy still bought it because flowy thought it was working). However when they tried running the Chiller on the tank, it was apparent that the compressor was not able to kick in i.e. to say that it was broken, i may be wrong but i have 100% certainty to say that Sam would not have spoilt the chiller. And Rashid also then said, he was not the first user (contridicting no?) (years of the chiller doesn't matter but does it not seem he has an integrity issue?)

Yes there might be a chance he have dropped it while transporting it, but he took a grab from rashid place and it was only a 5mins drive. FYI all of this was under his own cost (getting Sam to come and grabbing from rashid place.)

Yes i have read their conversation personally, and i do agree flowy is rather harsh and did say that he wants to launch a police report but is it wrong?, it was his hard earned money too, but of course the police won't be intrested in such cases, hence he launched a small claim tributal claim (yes it might not be much money to some of you, but he is only an NSF, he really doesn't earn much and have been saving quite long for a properly sized chiller)

Anyways at the end of the day it is our words against his, so if Rashid has anything to say, please voice out and enlighten us, because from his tone, he was not even apologetic nor sincere in finding out what happen all flowy got was , "it has been 2 weeks, anything could have happened". Anyways SRC you guys can be the judge of this matter and Rashid if you are reading this, grow up and have the courage to admit when you are wrong.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• Like 2

• SRC Member

Thanks for the detailed explanation. From what I’ve read, seems rather dishonest for a seller to market his product as “2 year old and 1st owner” when in actual fact, is “10 year old and not first owner”.

Sorry for ur loss, I know that NSF doesn’t earn much. Hopefully seller can come up and clarify from his end.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Thanks for the detailed explanation. From what I’ve read, seems rather dishonest for a seller to market his product as “2 year old and 1st owner” when in actual fact, is “10 year old and not first owner”.

Sorry for ur loss, I know that NSF doesn’t earn much. Hopefully seller can come up and clarify from his end.

Fyi just sharing
Screenshots sent by flowy regarding his chats with rashid and sam respectively
IMG_5367.JPG
From rashid

IMG_5366.JPG
From sam zhang

Any clarification, can just PM flowy for more info, and please do take note of cunning sellers like him.

• SRC Member

Thank you for those who have taken your time to read, i have already launched a small claims tribute, however as the value is too small it was denied. Anyways for other reefers, just be careful especially when dealing with expensive things like chillers etc. Do your due dillegence and check throughly. However, as this is a buy-sell thread, i do not wish to polute this thread and would kindly like to end it here. Thanks for your support and happy reefing, stay safe in this time of pandemic as well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...