Hailea HK vs HS chiller

• SRC Member

Hi, I have an around 360litres 3ft tank+sump system. Would like to know which hailea chiller should I go for? Due to budget constraints, only looking at affordable chiller :)

HS-66A is 1/4HP for up to 800L. However, HK-300A is also 1/4HP for only up to 300L recommended?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

My tank is only 200L. I was using HK-150A previously, 1/10 HP
but it was not enough for my tank so I upgraded to HK300A.
wanted to know the difference between HS and HK series as well, as far as I know HK supposed to be the newer verison but it seems HS outperformed it based on review.

• SRC Member
There seems to be a 2h boost function for the HK series, I’m wondering if that is the reason why the recommended is 300L capacity, as cooling down the tank in 2h might only be possible if the volume is 300L.

there is 2h and 24h boost function. but i dont really touch that button because the normal mode already cools my tank fast enough.

• SRC Member
there is 2h and 24h boost function. but i dont really touch that button because the normal mode already cools my tank fast enough.

How long did this HK300 take to cool your 200L tank? Thinking if I can use this HK300 for my 360L

I am looking at comparing both too.

But why do you say HK is underrated? Any particular incident/experience? HK is rated at 1/2HP for 500L, while HS is rated at 1/4HP for 800L.

I am looking at HS but am a bit skeptical about the rating as their older HC series is also rated 1/2HP for 500L. Not sure if the heat exchange material has improved for HS series or what.

Do you guys still mod the probe? Is the connector still the same as the older HC models?