Coral polyp bail out.

Validator

• SRC Member

I recently started getting some sps to try in my tank.  As you can tell from the title you know the turn out wasn’t good.    But not only were the introduced sps corals having trouble, I noticed that my existing softies were also not happy about something.  A Duncan that I had for some time dropped two heads yesterday and my zoa has been clamped up.  I am not sure of the fox face and the hawk fish I have could have knocked the polyps off since they like to sit in the Duncan.  Hope to find out why.  My numbers over the past few days are below.  Some changes I made to the tank were adding a pellet reactor(followed the advice and only added a third of the recommended pellets) also added a RBTA which made its way around the tank hassling corals along the way until it settled in its current position…. Hope I can get some thoughts.  Oh yes I did add some carbo calcium yesterday so the jump on alk and calcium is there.

000DE5BD-D214-47CF-AB44-475345377E5B.jpeg

Edited by Validator

• SRC Member

Hi nazreen, yeah changed some of the water and the alkalinity has since fallen.  But situation still the same.  Corals unhappy.  Anemone actually split, thought it was a good thing but apparently not.  Numbers over the past few days, they seem stable so not sure what I am doing wrong.

9770B39E-4E3B-46E9-B434-56C011BD0F53.jpeg

• SRC Member

Hi schwantz, the measurement is in ppm.  Oh yes one thing that happened over the week I realized that my lighting had reset to 100% rather than be in acclimatization mode.  That could have stressed the corals out earlier.  

Edited by Validator

• SRC Member

Hi All, yes the ammonia seems out of place.  I don't think I have anything dead in the tank.  My fish are doing fine and accounted for actually.

Am running a chiller and am using a test pen for my Salinity and temperature measurements.

Never done a icp test since I thought the tank is still less than a year old. 

• 4 weeks later...