Jem's Peninsula Adventure

jem

• SRC Member

Decommissioned my previous pride and joy a year ago as I was planning on shifting residence.

Signed on the dotted lines early this year to purchase my new home and started planning on my tank setup.

Decided to locate my tank in the balcony and started sourcing LFSs to take on my project.

Did a rough mock up drawing of the tank :) 

image.png.c8674cfb2284f63c787c1e28692196ad.png

• Like 1

• SRC Member

After rounds of talks and enquiring with various LFSs.

Decided to settle and entrust my project to ReefMarketSG as they are able to oversee the full tank setup (tank built, piping, equipment, compressor, planning, scheduling and coordinating)

My project was no easy task as there are many obstacles and factors to consider when building the tank on the balcony.

• Renovation was already done by the ex-owner of the property, unable to run compressor piping to the service yard.
  • Specific and accurate measurements were required due to the sizing of the balcony
  • Professional Engineers and MCST approval are needed to measure the weight load of the tank sited on the balcony.
  • Balcony is one step lower than the living room floor, require measurements to ensure accessibility of the sump and its equipment
  • Balcony power point have to be calculated to be able to handle the electric load of the equipment

Gotten the keys to my unit earlier this April, ReefMarketSG immediately arranged their representatives to take on-site measurements and plan out my tank.

We settled on a 600L tank with the dimensions of 4 x 2.5 x 1.8. Was provided with a mock drawing to visualize the placement of the tank.

image.png.7f69145ec69703b746b2723f2b5d901a.png

Edited by jem
  • Like 1

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, Kenjitan5285 said:

0bee6e29f8ca23d5d5825e871df22e71.jpg
Mine also at balcony. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay! another balcony reefer! haha. Tank is looking seriously dope! thanks for the inspiration.

• SRC Member
9 hours ago, Reefhappy said:

Natural sunlight….. but need to be more hardworking to clean Algae…. You have problem viewing the tank in the day time too due to the diffused sunlight .

@Reefhappy thought about the same algae issue as well. Yes, need to put in more elbow grease to maintain the tank. 

• SRC Member
Yay! another balcony reefer! haha. Tank is looking seriously dope! thanks for the inspiration.

For me no algae issue in main tank. Maybe i have huge cheato refugium in my sump. i will pull down blinds when afternoon. But sunlight really good for coral. All open big and healthy

• SRC Member

Figured that I have an extra space at the right of my tank and decided to add in another tank on the right. Can be used for frags or dedicated species only.

RMS did a detailed drawing of the tank built. Can tell from the drawing that they put pride in their work. :wub:

image.png.1254045e9f75cc53f82facdd589b10ed.png

Edited by jem

• SRC Member
18 minutes ago, alexcyf said:

Welcome back!

Looking forward to see more photos and videos of the new peninsula!!

Good to be back after a long hiatus! Following along your tank thread closely too.

We really do struggle with "real estate" but Singaporeans make the best out of what we have! Haha

• 3 weeks later...