Distilled water

manueljoseph

• SRC Member
32 minutes ago, manueljoseph said:

I see thanks lot!!! Do you think dasani is fine too? Ive been using that hahahaha sorry for asking alot of questions

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Dasani is okay too.. as long it is not mineral water.. Ntuc house brand per carton of 1.5 litres is below $12 bucks… 

On 9/30/2021 at 3:59 PM, Steve Neo said:

Is using Seachem Prime removing toxic substances have similar effects as distilled water ?

Nope cos the water may have silicates and other stuff which may change the water parameters when you add salt. The tap water parameters is also not constant. The ions in the treated tap water may also react with your salt too. So best to use distilled water. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just tested Meadows Distilled Water with a TDS meter ... think different batches may have some issues ... I had two water changes and each time, 1 casualty ... which I could not point the finger to .. all water parameters are good .. so when I got the TDS meter that came with a RODI unit purchased over the weekend .. reads 200 .. Just be careful ... suppose should check before using ... FYI, only ...  

20211114_214335.jpg

• SRC Member
I just tested Meadows Distilled Water with a TDS meter ... think different batches may have some issues ... I had two water changes and each time, 1 casualty ... which I could not point the finger to .. all water parameters are good .. so when I got the TDS meter that came with a RODI unit purchased over the weekend .. reads 200 .. Just be careful ... suppose should check before using ... FYI, only ...  
20211114_214335.jpg.42bae5beb00113a11e0c6095ad7019fd.jpg

Is that 2 or 200 ?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app