Warty Frogfish for sale!

reeshee

• SRC Member

Selling my juvenile warty frogfish. About 4.5cm. Colour is cream white with red patterns.

Had him for 5 months now. Stable and eating. Do note that this fish eats live food.

I’m feeding him mollys mainly. Feeds on 1 molly every 2 days. (Feed the molly marine pellets/frozen mysis etc before giving to the frogfish for best nutrition)

Very stable and thriving in my tank. Selling for $85. Feel free to ask me questions. This colour and size is not very common to come by at LFS. Plus, I’ve trained it to eat well. When I first bought, was tough to train it to eat.

RFS: I want to buy a bigger frogfish, no space.

PM/WhatsApp me: 94 eight9 7three72

f94871f7c804ffe9805c49930a116628.jpg

8632e8a5e4f74d267c5e104410ef44b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member
How often u feed him how u feed him?

I feed this dude every 2 days. He gets 1 molly which was fed with mysis and other dry food.

Basically you feed the molly marine food before feeding it to the Frogfish. So he gets the nutrients!

As for feeding, they are hunters.. so when the fish swims past it, the mouth will snap/gulp the fish. They will usually perch on rocks and stay still while waiting for the prey.

• Like 1

Sorry to hijack but just to share some experience as a fellow predator lover...

I think its is best to feed it around twice a week with quantity sufficient to see a small bump around their stomach.

They mainly stay stationary and attempt to lure their prey with a lure above their head.

Also take note not to expose it to air when bagging it or during the process of releasing to your tank as the stomach might trap air which they might not be able to burp out and cause fatality.

• Like 1

• SRC Member
Sorry to hijack but just to share some experience as a fellow predator lover...
I think its is best to feed it around twice a week with quantity sufficient to see a small bump around their stomach.
They mainly stay stationary and attempt to lure their prey with a lure above their head.
Also take note not to expose it to air when bagging it or during the process of releasing to your tank as the stomach might trap air which they might not be able to burp out and cause fatality.

Yes you’re right :)

Update: Fish was just picked up today by a nice reefer! Have told him about not exposing it to air when doing his transfer as well.

Bye bye my cutie.

Sold!