chiller repair

Zainuddin

Hi Guys,

Need some help from you guys.

I have a Arctica chiller 1/4 is function properly like the water in the main tank is not cooling down and the unit kick start every half and hour and the display will show 26 but the water temperature is showing around 28 using a temperature pro to check. and have done the my own servicing like cleaning and blowing out the dust internal areas.

i know the agent for this chiller is aqua nautic. and is quite expensive. cause called him and told him the issue and he said he need to check and i ask him how much just to check is $40.

is there any other chiller servicemen in Singapore which cheap.

Thanks  

• SRC Member
Hi Guys,
Need some help from you guys.
I have a Arctica chiller 1/4 is function properly like the water in the main tank is not cooling down and the unit kick start every half and hour and the display will show 26 but the water temperature is showing around 28 using a temperature pro to check. and have done the my own servicing like cleaning and blowing out the dust internal areas.
i know the agent for this chiller is aqua nautic. and is quite expensive. cause called him and told him the issue and he said he need to check and i ask him how much just to check is $40.
is there any other chiller servicemen in Singapore which cheap.
Thanks  

Hi bro.
Based on your statement, if the control unit is working, then only 2 possible
Not enough gas or no gas.
You can try to touch the black bowl which is the cooling liquidity and it should be warm or slightly hot after kicks in a while.
If is not warm etc during kicks in, you may need to replace that portion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Skimmer : Bubble Magus NAC6 --> Bubble Magus Curve 7
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil
Wavemaker : Tunze 6105 x 1
Lights : Modular based DIY LED light x 4

Chaeto in the sump

Hi Bro OceanViper,

Thanks for the advise

This morning before i left home for work i touch the area which you mention and is warm.

cause i do have a spare chiller which is using now.

and the chiller which having problem I  have done reserve flushing and now just running the chiller with RODI water and see does it cools down the water is my water drum. as i ask my wife to update me as she is working from Home.

• SRC Member
Hi Bro OceanViper,
Thanks for the advise
This morning before i left home for work i touch the area which you mention and is warm.
cause i do have a spare chiller which is using now.
and the chiller which having problem I  have done reserve flushing and now just running the chiller with RODI water and see does it cools down the water is my water drum. as i ask my wife to update me as she is working from Home.

If warm and takes long time to cold the water even for small bucket or barrel of water, then likely not enough gas.
In fact it should get hotter where you can’t place your hand on it too long after kicks in while.
If this is the case, just need to top up the gas.
This is also assuming your temperature probe in the chiller is working fine. This can be verify easily by comparing with a thermometer.

• Like 1

Tank : 3 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup end Feb 2014 ) --> 4 x 2 x 1.8 ( setup early Nov 2016 )
Return pump : Jebao 10000l/h ( down in 17th December 2014 ) --> Jebao DC-12000 ( 19th December 2014 )
Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member

If warm and takes long time to cold the water even for small bucket or barrel of water, then likely not enough gas.
In fact it should get hotter where you can’t place your hand on it too long after kicks in while.
If this is the case, just need to top up the gas.
This is also assuming your temperature probe in the chiller is working fine. This can be verify easily by comparing with a thermometer.

I’m not sure for Artica, hailea and resun does not service valve allow to top up gas like our home aircon.
So you may need to look into this part which will add in some additional cost for weld one service valve for future although likely don’t require top up gas so frequent

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• SRC Member
Bro ocean viper, 
If cause of the gas is there any recommend place which you can advise to go.

Actually you can get those typical home aircon guys which can help you weld on a service valve and top up gas at the same time.
Just whether they want to take this job which would be cheaper than getting those dedicated people.
Otherwise you can search for Derek in this forum whom provide this kind of service, price wise not sure as I only engaged him once and now I’m using drop in coil and install by myself.

Compressor drop-in coil

Chaeto in the sump

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

May i ask if is possible for you to share some update?

On 11/11/2021 at 2:33 PM, Zainuddin said:

Hi bro mhcraft,

will be collecting the chiller this Sunday.

then i will know what went wrong with my chiller.

will post in the forum on the issue which the chiller had.

• 4 weeks later...