Torch

kenjitan5385

Just a question for all reefer. Is it torch not lasting in our tank? Like few months die without Reason.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Right bro,torches and hammers never lasts in my tank for more than 2 months,all other corals fine...puzzled!!...they says these are hazzle-free no needs to feed.Still puzzled.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add in here too.  I'm new and my first coral was a 2-head hammer.  It did extremely well until 2 weeks ago, it started to wither.  I'm baffled.  I thought it was my nitrates that were too high.  I went on a nitrate extermination drive with NoPox and Orca Lab Nitraguard.  All the other corals are doing well still, except for the poor hammer.  I do expect casualties, but I want to understand what I did wrong.  My parameters were always within normal sea-water levels.  My Nitrates are now 5 ppm and undetectable Phosphates.  I googled "Zero Phosphates Hammer Dying" and got a couple of hits that the zero phosphates are the issue.  Any idea?

• SRC Member
2 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I'd like to add in here too.  I'm new and my first coral was a 2-head hammer.  It did extremely well until 2 weeks ago, it started to wither.  I'm baffled.  I thought it was my nitrates that were too high.  I went on a nitrate extermination drive with NoPox and Orca Lab Nitraguard.  All the other corals are doing well still, except for the poor hammer.  I do expect casualties, but I want to understand what I did wrong.  My parameters were always within normal sea-water levels.  My Nitrates are now 5 ppm and undetectable Phosphates.  I googled "Zero Phosphates Hammer Dying" and got a couple of hits that the zero phosphates are the issue.  Any idea?

My hammer all doing well before i start nopox. I start SPS so i dose nopox and my hammer start receded and leave the skeleton. Any idea?Is it pospate too low?

7 hours ago, Kenjitan5285 said:

My hammer all doing well before i start nopox. I start SPS so i dose nopox and my hammer start receded and leave the skeleton. Any idea?Is it pospate too low?

Stories are too similar, I'm now more convinced it's the NoPox and the low / undetectable phosphate levels. 

• 1 month later...