Water change for 10gal tank

• SRC Member

Not worth. I have checked all parameters of the tap water and is very good. RoDI is a waste of water to get it done. I used an RODI for some time and realised it that there is no difference hence stopped using RODI and gave away my unit FOC. Others may have a different opinion as I only keep LPS and soft corals. Singapore has the best tap water in the world so don't see the reason.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

RODI filters are so affordable these days. I bought mine from a seller in carousell and consistently get TDS 0.

My view is just worth the price to avoid issues that you do not want in your tank. The only hassle is not the money, but wait for the RODI to filter your water. My unit takes 30 minutes to get 5 - 10L

• SRC Member

It’s good to use rodi water…
But if ur tank small u can use water from Ntuc brand or giant brand
Last time my tank is 2 feet I always buy ro water from reef shop in Singapore a bag of ro water is enough to change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Supporter

IMO, investing in an RODI system just makes things more convenient - a critical factor to enjoy the hobby.

ICP done on local tap water shows some levels of phosphate & other salts. Having an RODI system helps ensure you reset it to a known baseline (i.e. 0TDS water). Not a must.....but good to have.

RO filters will generate some waste water. That's simply how it works. But do remember that the 'waste' water can also be collected to be repurposed for other use (and not waste it). The other way to look at it is that water in SGP is not all that expensive. 1000L of water is about S$1.46

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mysliceofnature/