How to reduce the frequency of cleaning the filter bag?

doby

Is pretty hectic to clean the filter bag every 2 to 3 days. I know it when I starts to hear the water overflowing noise. Is it normal to change/ clean filter bag every 2 to 3 days?

yes it's normal, especially if you're filter bag is the finer one, they get clogged easily. but over time as your water gets more stable and cleaner the filter bag won't be clogged that easily

• Like 1

• SRC Member

Previously when I used filter bags, it was quite tedious to clean the ‘cotton’ type of filter bag. When I changed to the nylon type filter bag, it was much easier to clean.

While this does not reduce the frequency of cleaning, it does makes the cleaning easier. Hope this helps.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Previously when I used filter bags, it was quite tedious to clean the ‘cotton’ type of filter bag. When I changed to the nylon type filter bag, it was much easier to clean.

While this does not reduce the frequency of cleaning, it does makes the cleaning easier. Hope this helps.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

Agreed. I also change to nylon type. Much easy to clean. I standby 2 for changing every few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my sump has no more space for filter roller. N yeah, I'm using nylon filter now. Is a great idea to have another 2~3 spare ones so that I don't have to wash it on weekdays!