First Aquascape Opinions

Resz

Hi Everyone,

This is my first marine aquascape and I do find it challenging when compared to freshwater as I have to do quite a lot of planning.
- My tank is the waterbox marine x 90
- I have 1 ecotech mp10 ( I do plan on getting a second one, if not I am looking at gyre)
- I am planning a mixed reef corals. What I am looking to keep are Hammer, Elegance, Zoa, Scoly, Micromussa, Alveopora, Trachyphyllia, Montipora and Acropora

This is my current design and do tell me what can be improved and what to take note.
- In the picture that are some TLF Stax that are on the ground, they are meant to be added as overhangs with the rocks.
- On the left side I plan for less and non-aggressive corals.
- While on the right side, I plan to put aggressive corals like the Hammers and Elegance.

Thank you for you time in helping me20211130_143052.jpg.0a8f7fb839e2bbfb97bc06f846c0be4f.jpg20211130_143005.jpg.7f6555e6636c4a73425b728a7e69e4ab.jpg20211130_142949.jpg.64f3165921018af74442ab83d826aaa1.jpg20211130_143121.jpg.1fd09aeb6cf85da838a7b51c64b49f99.jpg

Can consider removing the standalone piece in the middle on the left structure. Looks abit cluttered and if you have fishies, may be hard for you to view (gaps are small). Maybe try an arch to link from the top for both structures?

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app
I'll try and play about see if I can do a link. But I am unsure if I should move it to the middle as the right side are going to consist of a hammer garden and elegance corals. So I've only read that they are aggressive and need space. Hence the space

• SRC Member

5cm from wall is bit narrow. cuz if you keep it at 5cm, you most likely won't be able to put corals on that side of the rocks.

even small corals will be a couple cm size, and if they grow out will touch the glass for sure.

IMG_1855.JPG.604d54cb5defc928271cfac0dc337f7e.JPG. See if u wan to remove blue and do a arch like from yellow downwards?

Thanks for the drawing. I will try to mess around with it more. I do like the concept, but I would like to try to separate the right rock from the rest. As I plan to do a hammer garden

• SRC Member

Do consider which light you will end up using for this setup. Most lights have a PAR profile whereby the centre is much brighter than the edge. When you have the highest part of the rock work all the way at the corner, you may or may not have enough illumination if you intended to keep light demanding corals there. 

Another consideration is flow. If the rock work is very close to wavemaker, the flow will be severely impeded. Do take that into consideration too.