Setting up a dosing pump?

Zixuan

• SRC Member

photo_2021-12-13_14-30-03.jpg.4b098d8a0f2b728917cdb8d8b9cbdb5b.jpg

Hi again fellow reefers! Rescaped my tank yesterday, added some rocks and shifted things around for a cleaner look!
Right now, I barely dose magnesium and calcium as I do my water-tests every mid week and see that their levels are fine. Only my KH is of worry as it drops 0.4ppm every 4 days :( which I resolve by pre-mixing a bit of KH Buffer powder with RO water, to add into my tank every 4 days.

Thus, I've been wanting to setup a Jebao auto-doser to manage my KH, Magnesium and Calcium along with possibly RedSea's AB+ since the doser has 4 channels ... But I have some concerns. 

1) Noise: I hear that dozers running becomes rather loud, is there a way to silence it? I.e., putting in a cabinet or small table-side shelf? But I am concerned I will kink the tubings. 
2) Setting up: How do I know how much to dose? 
3) Dosing liquids: What kind of liquids do I use to dose? And what are balling? Do LFS's sell the pre-mix liquids?

At the same time, I'm looking to buy scolys, like bleeding apples, and yellow submarine favias or any that's within $100 hahaha. Drop me a PM!

Hope to get some insights! Thanks in advance.