2x 150w DE MH or 1x 250w DE MH for sps???

Still having problems deciding the lightings for my tank... Dunno which to get...

My water level is only 18inches or less after minusing the height of my DSB... Which reccommended for a depth that high...

Thkz...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
Still having problems deciding the lightings for my tank...  Dunno which to get...

My water level is only 18inches or less after minusing the height of my DSB... Which reccommended for a depth that high...

Thkz...

Size or tank? Since ur depth is only 18", I would think 150W MH would be more than sufficent.

Eric

• SRC Member

My tank height only 13 inch ... and I am using 250 DE ..... One bad thing I notice is the water get hot pretty fast ... even though it is 20K lighting .... becasue the general perception is that a 20k bulb have less par so we tend to lower the lighting to the surface of the water and the heat emit is the same as a 10K bulb (only slight difference ). My chiller switches on and off like nobody's business.

Anway, I am testing it out what is the difference ... may switch back to 150 W DE one day. ;)

well, my tank height is abt 40cm after deducting dsb........ i m using 2x150W 10kk BLV, 2x FL 25W actinic and 2x T5s Actinic to keep sps......... chiller turns on abt every 1.5 hrs or so. but of coz..... my chiller is a modified atman. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

well, my tank height is abt 40cm after deducting dsb........ i m using 2x150W 10kk BLV, 2x FL 25W actinic and 2x T5s Actinic to keep sps......... chiller turns on abt every 1.5 hrs or so. but of coz..... my chiller is a modified atman. ;)

yup...... coloring up and growing....... but of coz........ other parameters r equally as impt for sps to thrive. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png