WTB Fish That Eat Aiptasia

sgtayc

That fish called Copperband butterfly fish. 

My tank setting:
Size : 48" x 24" x 24"
Return pump: 1 x Vectra S2, 1 x Eheim 1264
Skimmer: Skimz DC skimmer SV203
Lighting : Maxspect Razor R420R 160W
Chiller : 1hp drop coil compressor
Wave maker : 2 x Nero 5 , 1 x Tunze 6055

Top up : Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155

• SRC Member
Tried before doesn’t work they always come back within 1-2 weeks, also tried F Aiptasia….haiz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably is u miss killing those aiptasia in hard to see or reach places, i had aiptasia growing in places in sump near total darkness, they will continue to reproduce and spread. U can try kuekenthali shrimps, they do eat apitasia and generally reef safe but i found out they eat xenia as well .

Fish wise is copperband, file fish and aussie stripey, but most likely fishes that eat apitasia is not reef safe and will find meaty coral irresistible. One way u can test is get a cheapo acan and test, if the fish dont touch it few months den likely safe, in any case fish behavior is hard to control so proceed with caution. Best of luck bro.

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member
Can try peppermints shrimps, keep in quarantine box for 3 days without feeding then release into your tank. 

Tried before, they disappear and never get to see them again after release to tank, either the wave too strong or eaten by wrasse.

• SRC Member
Bro i qt all my frags and use glue to stick the aiptasia down cover it completely. Remove the glue about 1week later and they are history. Maybe you can try

Thanks bro

Using predators to control is really a hit and miss. Not cheap either with no guarantee of success. However you can try any reef safe epoxy putty and cover up the entire aiptasia. May need a few touch ups as these buggers will try to sneak a peak wherever there are any openings . No point injecting them with chemicals, they will die and then multiply into many small ones, which makes it harder to put out compared to the larger ones. Putty is guaranteed to work. Cheap solution. Never comes back if you cover them well.

• SRC Member
Using predators to control is really a hit and miss. Not cheap either with no guarantee of success. However you can try any reef safe epoxy putty and cover up the entire aiptasia. May need a few touch ups as these buggers will try to sneak a peak wherever there are any openings . No point injecting them with chemicals, they will die and then multiply into many small ones, which makes it harder to put out compared to the larger ones. Putty is guaranteed to work. Cheap solution. Never comes back if you cover them well.

Tks bro will try if can’t find fishes to do the work.