*which is better for SPS *

As above, thinking of either one of this configuration for my tank which is friendly/suitubile for SPS ....

1.) My tank is 3feet By 1.5 By 1.8

Thinking of either : 1 SCWD pump by 782GPH

Return pump: 782GPH too but when up the tank* head lose*become 400GPH

: Eden 228 1000Liter/H

OR 2.): 1 TUnze stream 6060 and my return pump 400GPH, thats all...

Which configuration is better??? Thanks :peace:

• SRC Member

I was on

1. SCWD closed loop with 5,000L/hr pump, just 1M straight head lose.

2. Casineter Filter with 700L/hr with rain bar.

3. 1,000 L/hr PH

4. 2,800 L/hr Return 1.5M Head lose

5. On/Off Eden 288

my SPS wasn't seem to be doing well.

So current

1. Tunze TS07 ( 6000 + 7091 )

2. Casineter Filter with 700L/hr with rain bar.

3. 1,000 L/hr PH

4. 2,800 L/hr Return 1.5M Head lose

and can tell lot different.

My tank is 3x1.5x1.5.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
As above, thinking of either one of this configuration for my tank which is friendly/suitubile for SPS ....

1.) My tank is 3feet By 1.5 By 1.8

Thinking of either : 1 SCWD pump by 782GPH

Return pump: 782GPH too but when up the tank* head lose*become 400GPH

: Eden 228 1000Liter/H

OR 2.): 1 TUnze stream 6060 and my return pump 400GPH, thats all...

Which configuration is better??? Thanks :peace:

The TS-7 tunze + a high flowrate (>6000l/hr) return pump will be good. Cos low turnover rate also no good although you have good internal circulation as the water needs to go through the "cleaning" process as often as possible to attain good quality. The TS7 6000 series has the controller for pulsing mode which is good to move detritus off the surfaces to be carried into your sump unlike the 6060 having the direct flow, so bound to have the detritus collecting at a corner.

just my 2 cents worth.......

Eric

oh...thansk for the info....

Mismarine: whao, great that there is a huge sinificant difference ..*heard from SbS-Transit that yr SPS is great.. :P

Why is it that SCWD isnt good alought it have the switch which acts like a wave maker??? :rolleyes:

Eric Thankx for the info, but will this confiurationu have mentioned be too powerful for my tank??

And sorry guys: typo error, my tank is 2.5by1.5by1.8 :paiseh::paiseh:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Mismarine: whao, great that there is a huge sinificant difference ..*heard from SbS-Transit that yr SPS is great.. :P

Why is it that SCWD isnt good alought it have the switch which acts like a wave maker??? :rolleyes:

Eric Thankx for the info, but will this confiurationu have mentioned be too powerful for my tank??

Too powerful? TS7 has the controller to adjust the require flowrate accordingly, so will never be too powerful. The return flowrate is dependent on how much your overflow pipe can take. Go as high as you can for a good water turnover rate.

Eric

Too powerful? TS7 has the controller to adjust the require flowrate accordingly, so will never be too powerful. The return flowrate is dependent on how much your overflow pipe can take. Go as high as you can for a good water turnover rate.

Eric

:thanks: ohh,so i think that will suites me,as my overflow box ,so must get a bigger return to support the turnover..

so,no thumbs uo for the SCWD + TUNze 6060??? :(

• SRC Member

I have and used the Tunze 6060 for a 3' tank and it just too powerful. I even loaned it out to a fellow reefer to try out for his 3' tank and if he likes it he'll buy it off me.. it wasn't long before he returned it... too powerful. Your tank is even smaller!

well, i use my 6060, 4x maxijets 1200 wif wavemaster pro, 1x 900l/hr juwel powerhead, cannister return 950l/hr, aquabee return 2000l/hr on my 3.5 footer juwel tank to no ill effects.

think the catch is how u position ur pumps and powerheads. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

I've 2 tunze 6060 in my 3ftx1.5x1.5 and the top rear centre portion has insufficient turbulence. To me, the more, the merrier :lol:

Need to fine tune its flow direction to ensure no sandstorm and the acro tissue doesn't fly off ;)

:lol: the more the merrier indeed!!! me too. ;)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Even with High Flow Rate Pump running on with SCWD, their flow is very restricted. SCWD is good, however lot depend on where you place it and same goes to Tunze.

Even with TS07 I don't find it's powerful enough bad is that I've no more space for another Tunze.

No, my SPS are not doing good. SBS must give u misinformation :P I belive because the Face of brunch of Hammer :)

IF I got enough money and time for my new project, Tunze 6100 with 7094 will be only the equipment I would consider for circulation.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump