My new 2Ft tank

Marine Newbie

yeah you can try stacking the LR instead of placing them on the sand

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

I guess i will just settle for a Fish with live rocks tank cos on low budget. Corals might be a bit too ex for me at the moment. The tank is residing in my hostel at the moment.. i still studying.. haha..

It's a 2ft by 1ft by 1ft tank.. running on a cannister filter at 1200L/Hr with 2 PL 55W tubes and an airstone skimmer.. Around 10kg of liverocks.. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

welcome to the nano world :P its great theat u went str8 with 2x55watt pls as that in the furture if u are going reef.... its would be much easier :D u can be somewhat surprised that pl s in a small tank can really sustain and grow lots of stuff.... IMO get a weipro if u r really on a budjet but try to get a low wattage pump to drive the skimmer or your water temp can really go through the roof

happy reefing :peace:

Noticed most your LRs are boulders. If you are looking at adding more LRs, look for those that look like branches, they are light and will spice up the tank better than boulders. ;)

Just my 2 cents.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
get a weipro lor.. cost less than $20, even $10.. just ask ard.. 2011 will be sufficient for u.

welcome to the nano world  its great theat u went str8 with 2x55watt pls as that in the furture if u are going reef.... its would be much easier  u can be somewhat surprised that pl s in a small tank can really sustain and grow lots of stuff.... IMO get a weipro if u r really on a budjet but try to get a low wattage pump to drive the skimmer or your water temp can really go through the roof

I had a Red Sea Prizm Skimmer for my 2footer not long ago before upgrading. Bought 2nd hand at the SellOff/Pasar Malam forum.

IMO you should consider :angel: