Debris

macman29

• SRC Member

Bro, particles in the water har? Welcome to the club lah... but dunt worry, its not detrimental to the LS in the tank. In fact, the corals seems to be healthier with the detris in the water... maybe they are feeding on it? :)

This is assuming that your circulation in the tank is sufficient and the detris are being suspended in the water instead of settling down on the sand and LR/Corals...

Also, you might wanna put some filter floss in the sump to catch the stuff going thru the overflow...

• SRC Member

Weileong, more or less 'solved' but still got some being suspended in the water. Traced it down to tne sand-shifting goby stirring up the sand and the detritus being re-introduced to the water column... thats the problem with grade 0 sand coupled with 40000l/hr circulation... hehehehe

I am no longer worried about it tho, corals are ok and 'thriving' and LS are ok. Infact, i see my bunch of chromis feeding off the detritus being kicked up by the goby...

Yeah bro .... suspended in the water .... haiyah i turn off the powerhead to let it settle ... then put on again ... haiyah ... again ah .... some do settle on the live rock ... why is this ah ??? i have canister filter the to sump .... haiyah also cannot finish .... chialat ..

tampting ...... change all the water ... :evil:

Yeah bro .... suspended in the water .... haiyah i turn off the powerhead to let it settle ... then put on again ... haiyah ... again ah .... some do settle on the live rock ... why is this ah ??? i have canister filter the to sump .... haiyah also cannot finish .... chialat ..

tampting ...... change all the water ... :evil:

Bro, u should just keep ur pump on to let it be suspended in the water column, if u have wool in your sump it would be caught there instead of settling in your tank, which will build up the nitrates... :)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg