My Nano Tank

Spidey

• SRC Member

I think you should cycle the tank and test the perimeters first before putting in the stocks... Oh man.. you just murdered 3 nemos... :o

• SRC Member

hmm... nice banded shrimp... must be careful with this guy... I have 1 also... ate up my blood shrimp recently!!! expensive meal!

• SRC Member
2/3 clownfishes dead probably my fault. 1 was injured already at lfs but i did not notice.

to CKS, yes, I added saltwater, sand, turn on pump, and then went out to get LR. Is this wrong??

Anyway, it was >1 month ago

The correct way is to go through the ANN cycle first. Any earlier and you put in the LS, most probably they will not survive.

Ya, it is a real trouble maker.

I kind of suspect it to be behind the deaths of the other 2 clownfishes, but have no proof. Is this possible?

It was added with the first clownfish, and has outlived all of them, molted twice.

walks all over the corals and steals food from the anemone.

post-34-1096266478.jpg

• SRC Member

in contrast to wad the others say... actually... for my opinion that is... the tank is so small already.... then... you wanna put one more skimmer in.... it will be very ugly....

besides.... LS is not that much..... in my opinion is.... no need to put skimmer... but must be more hardworking.... do water change weekly.....

i was thinking of setting up a similar tank in the office... 1 feet cube perhaps??? then... the thing is.... dun stock too much.... proberly one or 2 fishes... and 1 coral... thats all..... maybe instead of fishes... put some kinda shrimps instead.... in this way.... u keep your bio load low.... and of course must do the water change weekly to prevent NO3 frm killing the LS lohz....

this is my opinion... no need to shoot or flame me....

i will run my tank how i see deem fit.... and spidey should also run his tank how he see deem fit... after listening to all the advice.... :peace::peace::peace:

:off::off: btw... spidey.... i have been your greastest fan since i was a kid....

:paiseh: oops... wrong spidey.... heehee.....

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

• SRC Member

Looks good!

You can get away without a skimmer for that tank size, IF you keep up with water changes.

I would also watch out not to stock so many corals at once. You're doing alot of stocking over a short period.

Take it easy, sit back and relax and let your tank mature. :)

Cheers & happy reefing!

in contrast to wad the others say... actually... for my opinion that is... the tank is so small already.... then... you wanna put one more skimmer in.... it will be very ugly....

besides.... LS is not that much..... in my opinion is.... no need to put skimmer... but must be more hardworking.... do water change weekly.....

i was thinking of setting up a similar tank in the office... 1 feet cube perhaps??? then... the thing is.... dun stock too much.... proberly one or 2 fishes... and 1 coral... thats all..... maybe instead of fishes... put some kinda shrimps instead.... in this way.... u keep your bio load low.... and of course must do the water change weekly to prevent NO3 frm killing the LS lohz....

this is my opinion... no need to shoot or flame me....

i will run my tank how i see deem fit.... and spidey should also run his tank how he see deem fit... after listening to all the advice.... :peace::peace::peace:

:off::off: btw... spidey.... i have been your greastest fan since i was a kid....

:paiseh: oops... wrong spidey.... heehee.....

If I have a tank in the office, I will be looking at it all day long and not working haha.