Aquaz Calcium Premium

RAV-65

Anyone used this product b4?? Was pretty skeptical about it as I was using Seachem all the while and finally when I tried, the 1st difference I noticed was dat it dissolved almost instantaneously!! Something I like when it comes to additives...

It also came within a zip-loc bag in the bottle, a very simple thing, but shows that the manufacturer makde some effort to keep the calcium powder dry... I like that little thoughtfulness... :)

After a few days of dosing, noticed that it managed to raise my stubborn calcium level from 370ppm to 400ppm.... :yeah: Had always been having problems to raise it above 380 using Seachem... didn't realise that it can make a difference, was only intending to use it to upkeep the calcium level... :)

Upon closer scrutiny of the bottle, noticed it contain at least 99.5% if pure calcium chloride... :)

IMHO... GOOD STUFF!! :peace:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member
Anyone used this product b4?? Was pretty skeptical about it as I was using Seachem all the while and finally when I tried, the 1st difference I noticed was dat it dissolved almost instantaneously!! Something I like when it comes to additives...

It also came within a zip-loc bag in the bottle, a very simple thing, but shows that the manufacturer makde some effort to keep the calcium powder dry... I like that little thoughtfulness... :)

After a few days of dosing, noticed that it managed to raise my stubborn calcium level from 370ppm to 400ppm....  :yeah:  Had always been having problems to raise it above 380 using Seachem... didn't realise that it can make a difference, was only intending to use it to upkeep the calcium level... :)

Upon closer scrutiny of the bottle, noticed it contain at least 99.5% if pure calcium chloride... :)

IMHO... GOOD STUFF!!  :peace:

Hi ...

just to ask... what is the quantity of the calcium power you are mixing with freshwater on your tank now?

I just got Calcium Premium and Alkalinity Premium but not sure what dosage to use.

The directions of use is dissolve 1 teaspoon of Calcium Premium in 1 cup of freshwater and drip the solution in a high flow area of the aquarium every alternate day.

1 teaspoon of calcium premium to 1 cup of freshwater is for what volume of tank water? (ie: 50gal, 100gal)

Was wonder what quantity to mix in order to raise 5ppm of calcium in tank...

your feedback is appreciated. :thanks:

CHEERS!

Rocks

As the uptake of calcium differs in every tank depending on corals kept, 1 tsp per cup of water is a generic and safe dosage. This dosage can be applied to 50gal safely. Regular testing should be done to achieve desired levels.

Depending on your volume, you can use an online calculator by Andy Hipkiss

This will give a closer calculation but still not exact- the rest will be down to individual daily uptake and slight tweaking of the measurements.

Calcium Premium is anhydrous and you can use the CaCl2 calculation.

To get a 50,000ppm stock solution from pure calcium chloride- use 138 grams per 1 liter of freshwater. (readings vary according to grades used)

Calcium Chloride has a very high solubility and is a potent solution, take care when making these and adding to the aquarium. Try not to raise calcium levels too much at one go, just add a little more at a later time.

hope it helps

• SRC Member
As the uptake of calcium differs in every tank depending on corals kept, 1 tsp per cup of water is a generic and safe dosage. This dosage can be applied to 50gal safely. Regular testing should be done to achieve desired levels.

Depending on your volume, you can use an online calculator by Andy Hipkiss

This will give a closer calculation but still not exact- the rest will be down to individual daily uptake and slight tweaking of the measurements.

Calcium Premium is anhydrous and you can use the CaCl2 calculation.

To get a 50,000ppm stock solution from pure calcium chloride- use 138 grams per 1 liter of freshwater. (readings vary according to grades used)

Calcium Chloride has a very high solubility and is a potent solution, take care when making these and adding to the aquarium. Try not to raise calcium levels too much at one go, just add a little more at a later time.

hope it helps

thanks for the info.

I was dripping 1 teaspoon per 1 cup freshwater (by the way, i am not sure what is the standard volume of one "cup" meant in the direction stated) for my 3 feet tank for past days... i guess its a little under-dosage... :lol:

thanks again

CHEERS!

Rocks

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

I have a 4X2X2 tank with mixed LPS and SPS, without Calcium Reactor. Thus, you could imagine I am a heavy user of both KH and Ca additives. In search of price-worthy good products, I have used Seachem and Tropic Marine. Finally, I tried Aqauz. Following is my verdict:

Quality:

Seachem - needs to mix with lots of water to dissolve but well priced

TM - Can add directly to tank but most costly

Aquaz - easy to dissolve and infact cost less than any other brands in the market by weight.

I could hold my KH and Ca at good level, 9-11 and 380-430 using all three products with Aquaz and TM giving both results. However, Aquaz cost me much less.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
hi , just want to find out from u guys whether the aqua z calcium can be dose by mixing with SW b4 pouring into the sump instead of dripping method...the same also for kh..

cheers

Hi,

You could just pour the calcium mix direct into the sump in a high flow area and i think you only need to drip if it is a kalkwasser solutions.

But i would suggest you to mix the calcium with tap water or RI/DO water instead of using tank or salt water. The same for Kh (Alkalinity) and Kalkwasser.

Hope this helps.

Ming ;)