Ricordea Yumas .....

DeepBlue

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
hi guys..i love yumas too..

btw...i just bought pc of lr on it is green yumas. then i saw 1 tiny one..and its bright pink!

so excited ...haha

Hi bro,

Can you take a closer look at the bigger yuma. Is the most outer ring of the adult yuma a bit purplish or pinkish? If there is, chances are the baby yuma you saw is actually a baby green yuma. Its pink because you can only see its most outer ring.

Another thing is that different yumas dun exist on the same rock. The only time you probably get different yumas on the same rock is when the LFS brought in different yuma and put them in the same tank. One of them dislodge from the rock and stick on the other rock.

Don't mean to disappoint you. Just sharing what i've experienced. Hope all turns out fine for you.

• SRC Member

Hi bro,

Can you take a closer look at the bigger yuma. Is the most outer ring of the adult yuma a bit purplish or pinkish? If there is, chances are the baby yuma you saw is actually a baby green yuma. Its pink because you can only see its most outer ring.

Another thing is that different yumas dun exist on the same rock. The only time you probably get different yumas on the same rock is when the LFS brought in different yuma and put them in the same tank. One of them dislodge from the rock and stick on the other rock.

Don't mean to disappoint you. Just sharing what i've experienced. Hope all turns out fine for you.

hmm..u might be rite bro..

no prob. thks for the advise :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

May I know what's the price range for a yuma?

I went to pasir ris just now and saw a tiny rock frag 5 cm in diameter. It had a simple yuma polyp, 3 cm in diameter. Brown with a hint of orange. The shop quoted me $45 for this single tiny polyp!

• SRC Member

Yumas are getting bloody expensive nowadays :(. When I first started, they are $15-$30 per rock... maybe bit more for better colours like purple. And that includes at least 5 big polyps per rock..

Nowadays normal yumas are priced like ricordias?!! $XX per polyp!!

And because of this, rocks rarely come covered with many polyps.. always see only 1-3 big polyps on a rock.. :(

I think LFS are trying to hitch on the CITIES thing and sell stuff at high prices. Coz I know Ricordias prices did not go up that much.

Why do we use "My 2 cents worth" when 1 cents are not legal tender in Singapore anymore? Shouldn't it be 5 cents worth?

"Its easier to blame the 'mantis' or crabs in the tank for missing & dead livestocks.."

http://arcanehacker.blogspot.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
Bro Warner..Nice Yuma collection you got there, how are the yumas doing now? Do you have a better pic of the blue fellow?

they r doing well

e blue 1 no better pic cos i took wif hp

they r very tiny

just about 5cent coin nia

• 4 years later...