Macro Skimmer A300

alexgan

• SRC Member

Hi All,

Recently just purchase a Macro Neddle Skimmer A300.

Not sure wether you all experience the water outlet flow

out together with little bubbles.

My problem now is.....how to cut down the bubble flow out

so that it wont pump up back to main tank again with all

the fine bubbles?.....

1st:- Tried cover the outlet hose with filter foam but bubble

still come out.

2nd:- Tried to move the hose outlet water to second sump

compartment and cover with filter foam .... still come out....

So just wondering is there anyway i have not tried that you guys think off...

Hope the hear from you all.....Thanks

• SRC Member

I had experienced the same problem with yours. The main reason why there are still fine bubbles coming out is that your skimmer has not totally run in into your system. As there is a fine coat of oil in the skimmer, allow time to let the oil skim out of your skimmer. Give it 2-3 days for it to run in and the bubble prob will go off. Hope this will help. :)

• SRC Member

Most of the times some reefers can't fully remove this micro bubbles but waht we can do is to minimise it.

Don be wary when U look at others tank & wonder why Urs sucks....some are just lucky.

What U have done are all correct & proper to remove this micro bubbles. Liek brudder Weishun said...let it run for a few days & see if the bubbles minimise. try not to move the nozzle anymore...leave it wher U think is conveniene for U but be careful of Ur nitrate level as those covers U placed at the nozzel are potential nitrate factory. Clean it regularly......

I did the same for my Macro (seems that a lot of this problem revolve around Macro skimmers....try looking at other threads in this forum for other solution) & I clean the `sock' once a week........

• SRC Member
Most of the times some reefers can't fully remove this micro bubbles but waht we can do is to minimise it.

Don be wary when U look at others tank & wonder why Urs sucks....some are just lucky.

What U have done are all correct & proper to remove this micro bubbles. Liek brudder Weishun said...let it run for a few days & see if the bubbles minimise. try not to move the nozzle anymore...leave it wher U think is conveniene for U but be careful of Ur nitrate level as those covers U placed at the nozzel are potential nitrate factory. Clean it regularly......

I did the same for my Macro (seems that a lot of this problem revolve around Macro skimmers....try looking at other threads in this forum for other solution) & I clean the `sock' once a week........

My AS-150 still has bubbles coming out after 2 weeks :(

As I'm not using a sump, the micro bubbles effect even lagi worse in my tank, affected the visibility and I suspect is stressing out my fish....

Just scoped my Mandarin out.. RIP..

• SRC Member

Hmm.. have you guys installed a plastic air valve to the air tube provided to control the air intake? For me i put in a air valve myself to control the bubbles as i use less bubbles to create a finer mist of bubbles to get a dryer skimmate. Maybe this would help?

• SRC Member
Hmm.. have you guys installed a plastic air valve to the air tube provided to control the air intake? For me i put in a air valve myself to control the bubbles as i use less bubbles to create a finer mist of bubbles to get a dryer skimmate. Maybe this would help?

Tried that already but not working. somehow or rather my marco still produces huge bubbles until my tank light have salt deposits :(

Wondering if its becoz the marco is the new batch with Rio powerhead?

Anyway going to move house soon, thinking of getting a cabinate with sump, any bros out there have good recommendation? :off:

• SRC Member

Hi All,

Seem like all facing the same problem huh? I have return my skimmer back to the LFS and the owner actually did some test and he claimed that the fine bubbles are solve by putting a basket at the outlet hose......I yet to go down the LFS to have a look and once is confirmed i will take a picture for everyone to have a look....OK

Thanks for all recommendation to solve it.....cheers

• SRC Member
Hi All,

Recently just purchase a Macro Neddle Skimmer A300.

Not sure wether you all experience the water outlet flow

out together with little bubbles.

My problem now is.....how to cut down the bubble flow out

so that it wont pump up back to main tank again with all

the fine bubbles?.....

1st:- Tried cover the outlet hose with filter foam but bubble

still come out.

2nd:- Tried to move the hose outlet water to second sump

compartment and cover with filter foam .... still come out....

So just wondering is there anyway i have not tried that you guys think off...

Hope the hear from you all.....Thanks

hi. how about minimising the slash of the water right into the sump, by letting it run down something before it goes into water. i think this should help. a lot of time the bubbles that do into the tank is not due to the fine bubbles from the skimmer but the splashing of water b4 it goes into the return pump... juz my 2cts

• SRC Member

Hi All,

For those who still facing the return with fine

bubble....

Finally, i saw a solution that can help to solve the

problem. Went to ReB_ _ N and saw them using

the same skimmer also. What they did was use a

net with very fine hole (as fine as silk) or maybe

a silk cloth to make a net and tie it on the return.

And everything done....

Personally felt that better dont adjust the air intake

as it will lower the skimmer performance.... :)

• SRC Member

Hi people.

I just did an experiment on my ASP-150.

I put the air-inlet tube into the tank itself; after awhile there was no more bubbles in the main chamber (because there's no more air for the needlewheel to 'chop').

BUT, there are still bubbles coming out from the outlet tube; and its quite consistent.

Does that mean I have a air leak somewhere?

My reasoning is that air should only enter the skimmer via the needlewheel but I'm just a lay-man so dunno if thats the case.

Can any of the bros try this? :eyeblur: