Singapore IDol FInal.**unpredictable**

giantbicycle

• SRC Member

anyway, why get angry.. its the truth mah... malays are still the minority race here mah, nothing to do with racist or not. which non-malay u know will buy a malay album?? and will not buy not because its no good but because cannot make sense of what is being sung. :)

Even ken lim said that it will be hard to market taufik outside of s'pore.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
anyway, why get angry.. its the truth mah... malays are still the minority race here mah, nothing to do with racist or not. which non-malay u know will buy a malay album?? and will not buy not because its no good but because cannot make sense of what is being sung. :)

Even ken lim said that it will be hard to market taufik outside of s'pore.

i bet u can see him in the malaysian market

tripple noize did make it there...even faster that the winners CCCrush in talentime to even cut their album

IMO local malay music scene no hope

malaysia has and they won look whether u come from sg or m'sia lah

there nt that shallow

but who says taufik is cutting a malay album :blink:

he will cut an english one... successful album sales or nt i still think the pride is there seeing your album for sale in local music stores...

i think this is a debatable issue that will never end.....

taufik is our singapore idol

end of story

The S'pore Idol is about selecting our very own singer to represent us for the World Idol. Its not about who can make album or who can sell more album.

My own opinion:

To represent World Idol: Taufik

More talented singer: Taufik

To sell more album: Sly

If I have a recording company, I will select Sly due to bigger marketing potential. But I will definitely not send him for any world singing competition as I do not want others to have a good laugh own S'pore representative!!

• SRC Member

Nothing of being sensitive but Sly really sucks.....if he's a malay I would boycot him all the way......I prefer Olin than him......& what looks!!!!??????

Some of our young refers here look better than him.......look at Robin akaTYPROBIN.....if he shave his face, go to saloon to do his hair .....Im sure he is better looking than that Sly fella......but then again who here ever hear Robin sing.... :lol::lol:

Nothing of being sensitive but Sly really sucks.....if he's a malay I would boycot him all the way......

Archilles19, I hope you're malay because your statement does seem a little racist too!! ;)

• SRC Member

Might not be too true, Taufik may sell more albums, coz afterall he got more votes to win!! :)

i think all of us have our own say :) i say that saying is one thing... doing is another.... why keep disscussing this issue of who will be more successful then the other?

lets put race aside

would you(refering to everyone in this endless discussion) buy his album?

i definately would :)

because we know his good B)

Nothing of being sensitive but Sly really sucks.....if he's a malay I would boycot him all the way......I prefer Olin than him......& what looks!!!!??????

Some of our young refers here look better than him.......look at Robin akaTYPROBIN.....if he shave his face, go to saloon to do his hair .....Im sure he is better looking than that Sly fella......but then again who here ever hear Robin sing.... :lol::lol:

:o;)

i think all of us have our own say :) i say that saying is one thing... doing is another.... why keep disscussing this issue of who will be more successful then the other?

lets put race aside

would you(refering to everyone in this endless discussion) buy his album?

i definately would :)

because we know his good B)

I probably would! ;)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

from what i assume... when sly comes out with an album.. it won't sell as well as taufik who CAN actually sing!

sly, as ppl say, has the looks.. so maybe when they see him perform and sing, his looks overrule his incapability to sing and pronounce proper english words.. BUT when you hear him on radio, it'll be a completely different thing coz now, u can't see him and all u know is that this guy can't pronounce... though there might still be ppl out there supporting him for some reason or another, i think taufik would sell more albums.. :)

on the contrary......

if sly were to sing chinese songs, he would be more marketable then taufik.. :whistle

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member
from what i assume... when sly comes out with an album.. it won't sell as well as taufik who CAN actually sing!

sly, as ppl say, has the looks.. so maybe when they see him perform and sing, his looks overrule his incapability to sing and pronounce proper english words.. BUT when you hear him on radio, it'll be a completely different thing coz now, u can't see him and all u know is that this guy can't pronounce... though there might still be ppl out there supporting him for some reason or another, i think taufik would sell more albums.. :)

on the contrary......

if sly were to sing chinese songs, he would be more marketable then taufik.. :whistle

yeah, very true, sly is ment to sing chinese songs not english.

heard taufik song just now also, very nice :)

SBS_Transit

sly appeals to the raging hormones of girls lah. I'm making one big sweeping statement, but from what I see, a lot of my younger girlfrends will be standing in the rain, just like they did with F4, just to get a five second glimspe of him.

not to mention blow half their savings on his paranephalia. :P

did I mention how he may have re-started the ah beng movement? :P

• SRC Member
did I mention how he may have re-started the ah beng movement? :P

it's really been awhile since i saw some1 with his flat rebonded center-parted hairdo.. when was the last time? maybe late 90s? :lol:

singapore is soooo small.. it can never achieve the standard of voting of american idol.. i've never EVER heard anything on american idol that goes... "an idol is some1 u worship" which indirectly means even if he can't sing! usually it's those who can sing and entertain that gets the votes.. NOT based on how big their fanbase is.. <_<

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

• SRC Member

The fact that Taufik got 62% vote shows that Singaporean do appreciate quality vocal talent.

Most Singer are not succesful in their own country but have to work hard outside the country to make their own name. Most fails.

Now that the whole of Singapore know and acknowledged Taufik as the Singapore Idol. Don't you think marketing in Singapore will be much easier. Having your local fan based support here in Singapore will help him spur even further. Let's see how far Taufik will go.

I last bought a Madonna album in the late 80's. After so many years, I think I'll be the first few to buy Taufik album.

• SRC Member

Archilles19, I hope you're malay because your statement does seem a little racist too!! ;)

Yes...Im a Malay....

What Im trying to say here is that race is not a factor in this competition...just like the recent American Idol.....finalist consist of white & black.

If Sly is a Mly...I wouldn't even wan to vote for him because like I say ...he sucks.

• SRC Member

for fear that sly will win, i actually allowed my children to dial in and spend $10 to vote for taufik. the consensus in the family is unanimous.

money well spent for a better selection. on hindsight, imho, the population of callers do have taste. cheers ....