AquaPharm - US or SG ..

nicky30092002

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the big fuss all about?

There are many products out there, some new, some are products of rebranding, reselling, repackaging, remarketing products etc.

Different businesses are run differently. The consumer usually doesn't care less unless the product is harmful, expensive or useless. Dun like, dun buy... simple. Only competitors would if they want to jostle for market share.

So what's the fuss all about? ;)

I can see where all this is leading into. Whatever the motives behind it, caution should be exercised. Pouring oil to fire carries a risk of burning oneself. It might be a game to some, but it could be someone else's livelihood.

BTW, keep an eye out for tomorrow's papers... regarding an incident by a malicious person/business competitor involving a LFS that happened earlier this year.

It does bring to mind how ugly the local scene can get. Sigh!

• SRC Member

For me, where does it made is not important, as long as it's solve my problem :P so far I am being using it for awhile and seem like value for money product. ( Not all products, some only )

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

Reading that thread on arofanatics, i found it quite amusing that someone was saying that perhaps it is an sg company saying the product is made in the USA so that people will trust it more as people here tend to think US/European products are better. He goes on to say that we should be proud of singapore products and their quality, e.g. Creative Tech. BUT, he ends by saying, "still, I feel cheated".

That, to me, shows that for all his attempts to sound pro-Singapore products, in his mind he thought he was buying a US product and was disappointed to learn that it might be local made. i.e. he himself is biased towards foreign made things.

Moral of the story: no matter whether you think it is ethical to advertise a locally made product as being a US product if only a small part of the process was done outside sg, you have to admit that Singaporeans STILL largely think that overseas made things are better and will more readily pay for such a product. Thus, marketing people will be tempted to brand things as imported. It's an old trick, but still highly effective because of how people like us think (yes, i am guilty too).

Be teachable always, nobody has a monopoly on wisdom. But learn to distinguish "fact" from "opinion".

• SRC Member

been using Aquapharm stuff for several years of my reefing history..haven't encounter any side effects so far..i wound say it's safe and effective additives i used so far..unlike some new products that i wouldn't dare to use to my tank :fear:

Aquapharm is a well established company..and be it US or SG, wad matter it's the stuff inside.so u mean sg can't produce quality stuff? :pirate:

• SRC Member
been using Aquapharm stuff for several years of my reefing history..haven't encounter any side effects so far..i wound say it's safe and effective additives i used so far..unlike some new products that i wouldn't dare to use to my tank :fear:

Aquapharm is a well established company..and be it US or SG, wad matter it's the stuff inside.so u mean sg can't produce quality stuff? :pirate:

If u read through the threads.. its not about whether SG or US products is better but rather the honesty of the company. Everyone admits that aquapharm products are good and there are definitely no side effects and there are no mentioned about it at all. Everyone is just interested to know the Truth.

It would be better if Aquapharm is willing to clarify with us and put this discussion to an end? Cos no matter how we discuss.. it wouldn't be conclusive

• SRC Member

heh if you have read through the threads, the pple involved in the "discussion" seem to know "alot" about aquapharm. some of them having bothered to go into an in-depth study of the distributors of aquapharm. which leads me to wonder, why would any end-user bother to waste so much time and effort just to find out if aquapharm is US based or not.

and then again, why would that end-user then start a new account in the other forum just to post such comments? it sure looks fishy to me.

if you were an end user who wasn't happy with the product's manufacturing location or country of origin, would you bother to go through all that trouble? seriously? i don't know about you guys but i feel that whoever started all these questions about aquapharm has some ill intentions and malicious plans to make aquapharm look bad for their own benefit.

the truth i am interested in is who are the people involved in the discussion on the other forum and what are their intentions. why create a new account to put down another brand? why bother to do properly phrased and structured arguments to put aquapharm down?

i don't know guys, but to me it looks dirty.

sigh, when will all this end. maybe thats why Sgreefclub is so strict with its rules on naming brands or shops. is this is the outcome of poor forum management? Now one party will have its sales affected and the other party will get away with it and probably in some way benefit from the loss of the other party.

just sharing my thoughts. flame me if you want. i can't be bothered with petty arguments. i am just voicing my views and sharing my thoughts. isn't that what forums are for?

I guess we at the the end who are consumers just need to be aware of what we are buying. I used different Aquapharm pdts before and there's no issues about the pdt. So as a consumer...I am OK with the pdt, esp when the price is very competitive...

In this situation, I guess comments about the pdt should be shared by reefers who have exp. in using the pdt. Any speculations and remarks should not be made by reefers who have not used them before.

As many reefers has said, no point speculating whether from US or Sg. Let the company handle and explain if need be.

• SRC Member

For me I want to know whether the product is a local or foreign made and will feel cheated if I am buying a product from a different origin when a different perception is given. Likewise for any other products.

I think the info is good for the benefits of reefers so that they're aware of the product origin and let the individual decides.

Would it upset you guys that much if you find out an American-based or European-based company or brand has their products made in some third-world country?

Even Iwaki pumps are now made in China.

I also remember this line from Armageddon, on board the Russian space station or was it the space shuttle.... "American components or Russian.... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!" :lol:

Would it upset you guys that much if you find out an American-based or European-based company or brand has their products made in some third-world country?

Even Iwaki pumps are now made in China.

I also remember this line from Armageddon, on board the Russian space station or was it the space shuttle.... "American components or Russian.... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!!!" :lol:

AT,

At least you will see the those American product stamp with the words "Made in Taiwan".

Kudos to Australia Trade Practice Act that all goods must declare the country that made the product. i.e, you will see Esprit with the label "Made in China".

my 2 cents.

• SRC Member
:off: Personally, I still think that products made in China has still a long way to go before they can reach a certain quality standard. I am talking about the reliability of a product especially electronic/electrical products. The price can be cheaper but for a China product, for sure, they do not last as long as the same product made in Japan/Europe. However, people may argue the price factor. So depends on what is desired, pay more for reliability if one cannot afford the equipment to breakdown easily or pay cheap and spoilts faster and get a new one every 1 to 2 years.

• SRC Member

If u read through the threads.. its not about whether SG or US products is better but rather the honesty of the company. Everyone admits that aquapharm products are good and there are definitely no side effects and there are no mentioned about it at all. Everyone is just interested to know the Truth.

It would be better if Aquapharm is willing to clarify with us and put this discussion to an end? Cos no matter how we discuss.. it wouldn't be conclusive

hmmm....why is it soooo impt for u to know where their products is manufactured in?

ha no flaming intended :look:

• SRC Member

we guys in marine dun ask for the good prices for additives

jus concerns abt the reliability of the products and their trustability of their respective companies and manufacturers only

i mean if this is a good brand we dun even need to bother where it is frm.............

so long at the end of the day will bring beneficial to our coloured tank and do good to our system tats all................

talking abt business and marketing strategy...................

whether it is the real company producing the products anot is not of our business.............

BUT if really there is someone who is the mastermind in doing those "really not good method" i think they will know better if not they will bare 4 the consequences

looking thru the thread...........

found out some stuff tat is...............

this is just only a link tats all

why are all those hush words tats come out?????

weird............... :blink:

stop, stop the talking liao...................

concentrate on reefing is more better than those bo liao conversation........ :P

• src unlocked this topic