Oh My God!! Wat a tank!!

typrobin

• SRC Member

hi all...now planning my new tank...

main tank:

2ft cube

most likely to go for mixed reef,mainly SPS with some LPS...inspired by non other than DeepBlue...

with a few fishes, mostly small fishes like gobies and of course my dearest flame hawk...

sub tank:

3ft X 1ft X 1ft

might either go for FOWLR to keep some non reef safe fishes like lemonpeel angel or other worst reef nightmares...

if not will be switch into a holding(not quarantine) tank for new fishes and new corals...

sump:

3ft X 1ft X 1ft acrylic sump

will design it to fit a skimmer, fluidise reactor, calcium reactor and kalk reactor

wavemaker:both tanks will run on the same sump with only 1 return pump (rio 20HF)...

main tank will run with 2 X rio seio 820 (while awaiting 1100 to come into singapore)...sub tank will only have 1 rio seio 820 if not nothing at all...

lightings:

main tank will be using 1 X 250W 10kk + 2 X 24W actinic t5...

sub tank will be using 2 X 24W t5...trying to save electricity...

temperature control:

same as b4, will be using 2 X profantic fans to cool my tank..this time will probably get a chiller as well, to work as back up during warm seasons...

main reason y i will be using fans is to get the evaporation high enough for me to top up kalk...i dun think i can afford to run a CR anytime soon...this way, i can top up calcium and dkh manually,on top of kalk...

nutrient export:

will be building yet another spray eductor skimmer, will try to build it as large as possible...

dun think i will be running any refugium...too much trouble...

both tanks will not be using any DSB,just a thin layer of sand to make it look natural...

here's a peek into my new setup...

pls comment as much as possible..experts, non experts and newbies are all welcome!!!

post-34-1103133243.jpg

• SRC Member
Just nicely???  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

That would means no room for adjustment or such if they calculation went wrong. Pardon me for saying this, coz me always like to leave some room for mistake.

a bit of allownace lah...my tv console can shift to the right to free up some space...hopefully i can get all the stuffs in soon...

2ft cube tank from AquabeAnz, free...if not get from sunny03 $50....

3 X 1 X 1 tank from *** ****, free also...

3ft stand from *** ****, free also...

hoods for both tanks, free also...

just have to pay for wood to make the 2ft cube stand and the acrylic sump...so prolly only gonna spend about $200 for this set up... :lol::lol::lol:

• SRC Member

a bit of allownace lah...my tv console can shift to the right to free up some space...hopefully i can get all the stuffs in soon...

2ft cube tank from AquabeAnz, free...if not get from sunny03 $50....

3 X 1 X 1 tank from *** ****, free also...

3ft stand from *** ****, free also...

hoods for both tanks, free also...

just have to pay for wood to make the 2ft cube stand and the acrylic sump...so prolly only gonna spend about $200 for this set up... :lol::lol::lol:

So many sponsor for your new setup. Envy leh!

dogdogsrd20060608_18_Elric%20is%20.png

bunbunsdb20071225_-8_Elroi%20is.png

webster1973%20player%20555.png

• SRC Member

DIY a shaking FR model or a "see saw" version.

still in the midst of making the reactor for vinoth also...

haven't got the time to build it...too lazy also...hahahaha...

i damn cheapo one...dun like to spend too much...so always hunt around here to find my stuffs...eheheheh

• SRC Member

Yo Dude!

Sounds like some hard and concrete plans for the next tank eh? :lol:

Glad to see tat!! Hehe..

Hmm...Just a comment...

I was thinking if there is a need to reconsider utilising 1x250W MH in your 2ft cube. IMO, thats gonna boil your tank in no time eh? Hopefully you can use a chiller to complement with your fans.

Anyway fans are a good idea thinking that the top up can be used for kalk! =)

2x rio seio 820!! haha.. time to see sand bed FLY!! hahaha...

Can imagine your new tank liao! Nice thoughts. So put them into action soon! Good luck and all the best!

Just my $0.02 worth. Ancelot ;)

• SRC Member

haha good to hear that u are starting again, good plans, lucky fellow got so many free things :P anyway cant wait to see yr tank!

SBS_Transit

main tank:

2ft cube

most likely to go for mixed reef,mainly SPS with some LPS...inspired by non other than DeepBlue...

with a few fishes, mostly small fishes like gobies and of course my dearest flame hawk...

huh...my is mainly LPS and some SPS......reverse lah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

after reefing for 1yr..i tear apart my old tank and wanted to start a new 2ft cube...but today, a famous FENGSHUI MASTER came and advised tat my house should not have any fish tank for YEAR 2005..it is bring bad ailments to my old folks..no choice, though i love this hobby, i love my parents more..have to let go...

although i will not have a tank, i will still remain active in this WONDERFUL FORUM..i will come back one day!!!

dearest mods, pls close this thread...thanks...

after reefing for 1yr..i tear apart my old tank and wanted to start a new 2ft cube...but today, a famous FENGSHUI MASTER came and advised tat my house should not have any fish tank for YEAR 2005..it is bring bad ailments to my old folks..no choice, though i love this hobby, i love my parents more..have to let go...

although i will not have a tank, i will still remain active in this WONDERFUL FORUM..i will come back one day!!!

Opps! sorry to hear dat bro... but meanwhile u can plan for a tank in 2006 mah... having all the time to plan for a new tank would ensure that the new tank be fantastic!!

Good luck!!

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

wow must be a super power feng shui master.....

not many of them can advise feng shui on a year by year basis....

anyway, good luck.....hopefully the good feng shui will bring you more $$$$ for a bigger and better setup next year! :D