How to culture copepods?

chinmo

• SRC Member

Thanks bro ;) think not using the fuge and LRs.... think will be kinda messy... :huh:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Thanks bro ;) think not using the fuge and LRs.... think will be kinda messy... :huh:

Dun really need a refugium.

Just have lots and lots of LR, in tank, and sump. Tt's what i'm doing now, no need for a seperate refugium. Just dump the whole lot of LR into the sump

Phyto for feeding the creatures in the LR. :lol:

• SRC Member
wat if dun have a sump ? but lots of LRs in the tank ?

can it be done ? does the water nd to be tip top condition ?

the water doesnt need to be in tip top water condidtion..any condidtion will do....for example when cycling...thats when the pods mulitply alot because theres no predators....but they still multiply despite the water quality....alot of live rocks does help...but then you cant really culture them cos your tank has a lot of predators..

• SRC Member

i'm experimenting..... with those plastics guppy tank.... abt 20 pods in it...... feeding phyto.... will update if they multiply or not..... ;)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
i'm experimenting..... with those plastics guppy tank.... abt 20 pods in it...... feeding phyto.... will update if they multiply or not..... ;)

bro...

i think u need to place a small piece of LR there for them to hide and live...

• SRC Member

they are visible to the ###### eye...

just catch the amount required and dump them into the tank. those that escape will reproduce, still a constant food source to your tank!

bro chinmo, can pass 10 pods for me to cultivate?

:lol:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

:off:

Erh..if you all too boliao at night hor..can drop by east coast beach.

on the sand bed at night got alot of amphipod & copepod...i caught quite alot from there...They are very attracted to bright light...so remember to bring along your tourch light..

• SRC Member
:off:

Erh..if you all too boliao at night hor..can drop by east coast beach.

on the sand bed at night got alot of amphipod & copepod...i caught quite alot from there...They are very attracted to bright light...so remember to bring along your tourch light..

sis, think those are sand hoppers, we normally called them sand fleas! :o correct me if i'm wrong. :upsidedown: not the usual pods we want at home. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

hi... i have some that look like silver fish(an insect) on the glass r they copepods or amphipods??