Aquaz Phytoplankton

vagabond

• SRC Member

:D Hi guys,

Would like to share with you a product which I recently bought. It is a small bottle but with huge amount of concentration. :whistle

This product is a very concentrated micro algae paste feed. It comes in 30ml a bottle and cost about $10+. The paste is easy to scoop out and the amount needed is very little. Only 1ml of paste per 100 gallons of tank volume and best is that 68 billion cells per ml :ooh: Can't imagine how much we can save in long run as compared to using the current favourite products.

I am in no relation with them and if you are interested to know more, I think the website as printed on the bottle is Aquaz.

Cheers.

post-14-1087311594.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I have also got a bottle of the phytoplankton @ $10.

It cannot be used to start a new culture of phyto. But at this price & concentration, it is definately cheaper than culturing yrself.

Compared to Bioplankton, it only have a single strain Nanno only. I used it solely for my rotifer culture.

Theres also Supreme blend which have Nanno, Pavlova, Thalassiosira and Tetraselmis which is more suitable for reef.

Definately a good alternative to other more ex brand. Haha, can de-commission my phyto culture station. :P

Wei :)

• SRC Member

I just got hold of a bottle and used it a few time. Before that, I haved tried powdered Phyto, DT and home cultured phyto. I would say the Aquaz phyto supercede them in terms of value and quality.

In terms of quality, it is definitely more concentrated than thosed powdered forms.

Compared to home cultured phyto, it is more concentrated and for the price of about $10, which can be used for 30,000 gal of water, it cost less than the cost of culturing them yourself.

Compared to DT, it has only one strain (same as old DT) but the big price difference means it is a good alternative for the budget reefer.

It is also easy to use. A metal spoon will easily scoop out the frozen paste. Mix it with your tank water and it transform into the familar green water. Not as brownish as Bioplankton, but more greenish.

I think (marine) therefore I am

• SRC Member

Here is the list of Dealer

e Aquarist' Place

No 29, Siglap Drive

Bowmont Centre, Unit #01-05

Singapore ( 456192 )

Tel : +65 6448 2307

Web Site : Click Here

Marine Life Hobbyist

No 178, West Coast Way

Hong Leong Garden Shopping Centre

Singapore ( 127086 )

Tel : +65 6777 4047

Marine & Discus Aquarium

No 314, Tanjung Katong

Ocean Planet

No 31, Oxford Road

Singapore ( 218813 )

Tel : +65 6294 6056

PetMart

Blk 151, Serangoon North Avenue 2

Unit #01-79

Singapore ( 550151 )

Tel : +65 6289 6471

Web Site : Click Here

Reborn Aquarium & Supplier

No 235, Lavendar Street

Singapore ( 338781 )

• SRC Member

Just got a bottle for myself too. Now I pay less for more. Used to buy 'home-made' cultured phytos from fellow reefers. I think that this is a high quality value for money product which makes 'sense' to buy.

However, I do hope that there would be more info on the bottle. Got my info from the Aquaz website. Bet it would make the product even more sellable.

Looking forward to try more Aquaz products.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

ok guys, I want to know the number of pple interested in getting live 'L' stain rotifer. THen I can adjust my production.

I intend to pack them in 500ml bag, abt 100rotifer/ml. Min is 500ml. Price at abt 20 bucks(not confirm). Of course more order price will drop.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Wei :)