• 31C Above

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

how abt doing it this way...>>>>locate tank in air con room.....so got air con to help bring down the temp of tank. And shd air con fail...> still got chiller no.1.....and when chiller no.1 fail still got chiller no.2 and when power trip still got UPS and when all fail.....still got maid to blow bubble and useher hand to create movements in the water. :lol::evil:

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

Bro, you got your 1st chiller already or not???? :huh::huh: Step by step lah :lol::lol:

Going to, going to... my current "chiller" is my 3 in 1 split unit!! :lol::lol::lol:

But so far been effective in keeping my water below 28C...

Will be going for a proper chiller soon, as soon as I get my tank out of my room!! :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

This is one reason I still keep my old chiller at home and never sold it. You'll never know when you will need it.....

I did not hook it up as there's no space for it in my cabinet. So far my 2 year old Hailea 1 HP is doing okay. Just need to hook up a temperature controller and a few relays to cut-off the lights when temperature goes up.

• SRC Member

I get loan chiller from the LFS, BioOcean while my chiller is being sent out for repair.

Thank Kenny....... Well appreciated.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

These words are very true. The 'insurance premium' is well worth it considering the amount we spend on stocking up with beautiful fishes and exotic corals. It only take a few hours, everything will go up in 'smoke' :ph34r:

That happened to me during my days with my 5 footer full fledge SPS reef. Nearly lost everything but was fortunate to have a friend loan me a chiller.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Seen like more people at @ 27-28 range. How long does ( average , ofcourse since we can't measure everything ) it take to color SPS. Let say you just purchased from somewhere else and start coloring more.

Life is like a peice of Uncured Live Rock [ from LFS ], you never know what you gonna get.........

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member
highly dependent on water quality first and foremost. Can take from 2 weeks to a few months to years and still dunt color up cos of the screwed up water. :)

I believe, even if your water quaility is super good, while your light and temp is not good I don't think it'll color up. So there must be combination of all.

I am just wonder weighting on Temp and Light.

Ocean Gump

• SRC Member

If you read up more on the requirements of SPS, you will know that it needs excellent water quality like ph/kh/ca/mg/po4/no3/temp/salinity and STABILITY of the above first and foremost.

Next comes things like lighting and water movement which is as important.

So you thing you wanna upgrade your equipment? Go for water quality related stuff first like a better/larger/efficient skimmer. then lights and water movement.

IMHO.

If you read up more on the requirements of SPS, you will know that it needs excellent water quality like ph/kh/ca/mg/po4/no3/temp/salinity and STABILITY of the above first and foremost.

Next comes things like lighting and water movement which is as important.

So you thing you wanna upgrade your equipment? Go for water quality related stuff first like a better/larger/efficient skimmer. then lights and water movement.

IMHO.

Good point! Alfa..you covered almost everything.

SPS husbandry requires a very good control of the mentioned factors. All these are important!

Infact...with the lack of good water parameter and flow..you cant even keep it alive. Dun talk about colouring up.

Let's say, if I cant keep the nutrients in the water low.....even if I have 1600W MH and blasting away 24degrees water .... the coral will still be brown out. That is why if zeovit system, reefers try very hard to create a low nutrient environment where zooxanthellae is much lesser than other systems.

Basically....good lights and good temp will help....but the other factors are very very impt.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

I keep mine at 25.7 to 26.3 :) There are polyp extension oredi so i think it shld be ok...

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D