pink yuma

evanscence

ya normal ones :P

bro i understand how u feel, but hang on there miracle might just happen. Try to put it in a shady area and not to disturb it at all. I just bought another pink yuma and aclimatised according to Bro fuel advise. So far so good. keeping my finger crosses :eyebrow:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

Bro Evan,

How's your pink yuma so far? Been quite a few months liao.

Bro Dispar ,Weilong, DB and all other sucessful Pink yuma owners,

Can pls show pic of your pink yuma? Just wan to take a look if its the same species. From personal experience, certain species dun do well in particular condition. A combine gallery may help to solve the mystery.

I tried 3 pink yuma already... all melted... (got one still melting now..)

Nice yuma.

I wonder how sensitive is pink yuma to the colour temperature of the lights used in our aquarium? Could it be one of the reasons for the high rate of melting cases??

I kept mine under 150W ~14K MH and placed in a position away from direct light near the sandbed since the day I brought back from lfs. However, still not successful. I have other yumas (not the pink kind) that seems to do well under the above conditions, some even under direct lighting. Really puzzling.

I have seen pink yuma in lfs that opens nicely under blue light only .... that led me to think if its the colour temperature of the light that they are sensitive to. We know that deeper in the ocean (if its true that they are found at a greater depth), the lights are filtered leaving primarily the blue spectrum. Hmmm.....any thoughts?

Specs

Return pump: 2 x Eheim 1260 (with 1 pumped to chiller before returning to main)
Chiller: Hailea HC-500A (1/2 hp)
Skimmer: Deltec SC2060
Lightings: 8 x 24W ATI Sunpower T5 fixture
Wavemakers: Vortech MP40, MP10, Tunze nanostream 6045
Additives: TLF C-balance (2 parts Ca and Alk) via Kamoer 3 channel dosing pump; Polyp-lab Reef Resh; FM color elements

• SRC Member
Ard 2 weeks.....this time round.... i went for bigger ones hoping they can take more stress and eventually stabilise....... still keeping my fingers crossed.

Very nice pink colour.. :lol:

• SRC Member
Jim...your pink yuma so pretty. Makes me miss my darlings... :cry::cry:

I miss mine too... sold it away .. which i really regretted.. though it mine fetch a gd $$$ really wished that I have not sold it! :cry::cry:

Money can't buy rare & big yumas which make owners happy :peace:

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

i have pink Yuma (got it from Marinelife)..i just added another 3-4 additional pink Yuma (also from Marinelife) yesterday..

So far i have very LITTLE chances with other Yuma except Pink. My bright Orange yuma flew off.(cant find it) One light orange which detach from its LR was in my mini beta tank waiting for it to attach to another rock.

It was believe Yuma cant stand strong flow. But my Pink Yuma is surviving.... (keep my finger cross) :ph34r: Others just flew off and need to relocated at lower flow area.

Qn) I am using a Atman 150 MH and just got my 250MH..cant wait to blast it...

but don know if my Yuma able to make it? Thus i place the newly procured P.Yuma near the Sandbed. My tank is 3ft height.

:off:Strange Encounter:

I was doing my Epoxy and waiting for it to cured then place the P.Yuma onto sandbed. Need to place the coral on the bottom after curing. It was around 0100hrs, i feel someone looking at me and i think i heard someone calling my name (btw i slept only 3 hrs yesterday) and i just place the Yuma into a betta box and went straight to bed dismissing my hallucination, but my Niki (Mini Schnauzer) came to me and kept barking and looking in my direction when i enter the bedroom . That really scared me off. :eyeblur::eyeblur:

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• 3 weeks later...