Marine seminar by Aquacraft

dunno whether i violate any rules (there's too many of them :P)

but this is the original link

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172988

Hello to all Singapore marine fish & reef keepers.

Michael Del Prete the CEO of Aqua Craft, Inc. will be in Singapore in May.

I would like to meet with as many marine aquarist as possible.

It would be great if someone could arrange a meeting place where we could all sit down and enjoy each others company. We can share information, various approaches to marine fish and reef keeping, equipment, stories and what is going on in the Singapore area.

I am available to have this informal Marine Seminar meeting on May 27 or 28.

I would like someone interested in this meeting to pass the word along. Can someone post this on other S'pore web sites as well?

If anyone wishes to contact me directly, I can be reached at: info@aquacraft.net

I hope to see you all.

Cheers. Michael Del Prete

i was tinking maybe some mod cld gather interested members etc, n perhaps bring him to look at some of our sg TOTM tanks :D

this cld well prove to be a rare opportunity.... maybe he's comin over to clarify some disputes previously among hobbyists too :)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea! Thanks for sharing clownfish, I hope I could participate in such a meaningful gathering. ;)

So will SRC be able to arrange for such a meeting? :D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

We could set it as our first Official Club Meeting!!!! :lol: :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• Sponsor

We are proud to be the sponser of this event.

Planning for some freebies to attach more people to this meeting.Any suggestion?

Can someone start by putting their name in the attendance list as below :

1)AquaMarin

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

For more information, please call us at +65 63837277 or whatsapp +65 9367 7733 or email : info@aquamarin.com.sg

(we apologize for not being able to answer promptly to questions posted here..)

AquaMarin_Aquarama_1st_Prize_marine_tank

Retail
32 Jalan Selaseh Singapore 808448
11am - 10pm (open daily including public holidays)
Tel: (+65) 6383 7277

Online store
www.aquamarin.com.sg

Email
info@aquamarin.com.sg

Follow us on Twitter
twitter.com/aquamarin_sg

Skimz Protein Skimmer website: www.skimz.sg

We are proud to be the sponser of this event.

Planning for some freebies to attach more people to this meeting.Any suggestion?

1)AquaMarin

2)Blueheaven (confirm soon)

3)

4)

5)

6)

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• Sponsor

Hello S'pore Reefers:

Thanks for posting this propoed Marine Seminar on your fine site.

This is not a commercial event.... however, those that with to contribute items and shops that with to contribute gift certificates... AKA Freebies are welcome to do so.

My original idea was to have a small group, perhaps 50ish people... exchange information, ideas, put an end to the foundationless gossip, etc.

I have been contacted by an aquarist that has indicated he can possibly secure a meeting place that would accomodate 100+ people. I am also working with one of the local shops to get informaiton out for this event.

If in the next week this looks like a strong venue, I will ask a few fellow professionals that will be S'pore for AquaRama to join in and share valuable information they possess.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, I can be reached at: info@aquacraft.net Make the subject line... "Marine Seminar".

I hope there is enough interest by interested individuals and shops to make this dream a reality.

And... if SG RC wants to make this their First Official Meeting... GREAT!

Thank you for your time. Michael Del Prete

1)AquaMarin

2)Blueheaven (confirm soon)

3)Gouldian

4)

5)

6)

7)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

i should be free... confirm again.... eh waiting for those in league of extra ordinary men to show interest also.....

Anyway SRC official meeting already happen before, maybe this is the second one but should be bigger with the in growing of members these days ;) eh freebies, ultra maxima each :lol::lol::lol:

Hello S'pore Reefers:

Thanks for posting this propoed Marine Seminar on your fine site.

This is not a commercial event.... however, those that with to contribute items and shops that with to contribute gift certificates... AKA Freebies are welcome to do so.

My original idea was to have a small group, perhaps 50ish people... exchange information, ideas, put an end to the foundationless gossip, etc.

I have been contacted by an aquarist that has indicated he can possibly secure a meeting place that would accomodate 100+ people.  I am also working with one of the local shops to get informaiton out for this event.

If in the next week this looks like a strong venue, I will ask a few fellow professionals that will be S'pore for AquaRama to join in and share valuable information they possess.

If anyone wants to contact me directly, I can be reached at:  info@aquacraft.net  Make the subject line... "Marine Seminar".

I hope there is enough interest by interested individuals and shops to make this dream a reality.

And... if SG RC wants to make this their First Official Meeting... GREAT!

Thank you for your time.        Michael Del Prete

now the seminar realli sounds great! ;)

tink an origianlly informal seminar looks set to become a formal one :D

is the organiser mentioned aquamarin? i tink it's betta if more info r confirmed (esp. time n date) n then get the list of participant in a new thread :) else, getting the list now also no use, no one noes whether they r free a not on the day/time ;)

if it's gonna be a big event, tink weekend will definitely draw a larger crowd :)

• Sponsor

I am thinking to have the Marine Seminar on May 27.

All this depends on the individual that contacted me regarding a suitable meeting place.

After I learn the status of the location, I will contact a few other industry professionals that will be in town during this time.

Enclosed is a pix of one of our marine aquariums.

Cheers. MDP

<<Advertising removed by SRC Moderators>>

Standby all. I need to nail down more details first.

Pls refrain from further postings until a decision has been made.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Cheers

AT

Standby all. I need to nail down more details first.

Pls refrain from further postings until a decision has been made.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Cheers

AT

Hi AT,

You have PM :rolleyes:

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

Any outcome? Was looking forward to the event... <_<

Hi,

Apparently the mods wasn't happy the gathering was organised here, probably due to "conflict of interest". Anyway, I found this link for those whom are still interested. Hope AT atleast allow such a post, delete it if you feel otherwise.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

wow..brave and powerful statements from the comments over there :lol:

The politics not our problem lar, we are only hobbist. I posted the links so atleast hobbist here know where to turn to for that event.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

yup....

we are hobbyists.....

politics seems fun but contribute nothing to our personal advancement in this hobby :)

yeah, if interested in politics, go join youngpap.org.sg lar... lol :eyebrow:

Regards,

Billy Cheong

• Sponsor

Politics are definately our concern... especially when these "politics" govern what we are alllowed to view, the information that is offered and the products we have access to.

If I am in error regarding this situation, please inform me and I will set the record straight.

:thanks: