1. 1. Which Tang is hardest to feed?

• Achilles Tang
    • Clown Tang
    • Powder Blue Tang
    • Powder Brown Tang
    • Blue Tang
    • Naso Tang
    • Kole Tang

Hmm... I added two bunches and I hope it eats them with or without my notice. Hope my specimen is just a shy/timid fish and not something else...

I got a pair of fat and healthy Naso tangs from IWarna's Philipines shipment.

Didn't eat for 5 days.

I tried red bamboo, TLF seaweed, brine shrimp, macroalgae, Henry's, no response at all. It was also showing some signs of ich.

Was kinda worried, but alas, I saw them pecking on the LR and tried to feed some seaweed, they were very shy at first but eventually ate them. :)

Maybe the PBT you got was like mine, shy and maybe takes a longer time to adapt :)

Cheers and hang in there!

I got a pair of fat and healthy Naso tangs from IWarna's Philipines shipment.

Didn't eat for 5 days.

I tried red bamboo, TLF seaweed, brine shrimp, macroalgae, Henry's, no response at all. It was also showing some signs of ich.

Was kinda worried, but alas, I saw them pecking on the LR and tried to feed some seaweed, they were very shy at first but eventually ate them. :)

Maybe the PBT you got was like mine, shy and maybe takes a longer time to adapt :)

Cheers and hang in there!

Thanks bro puppet for your words of encouragement. I feel better already to hear this. Maybe I shld also go get some fresh life rock...

i kept an AT before and it did not eat for 7 to 8 days before it started to feed on 1 live brine! After that the appetite grew and grew till it became a pig :)

Bro, "1 live brine" meaning - live adult brine shrimp I suppose?

It is day no. 8. The PBT, now in my main tank is only grazing on life rock. Not eating anything else. Not eating even frozen cyclopeeze or live brine shrimp. I even introduced a smaller, pellet-eating PBT and tomini tang to inspire it but still no success. I am still hopeful since it is grazing on live rock.

• 2 weeks later...

It was day 14 before my PBT decided to eat and of all things....pellets! But nothing else. Strange eh?

However, both PBTs have itch although both are eating normally. The smaller one is gaining weight while the larger and finally eating one has a full figure.

Funny thing is the itch seems to disappear by noon the next day and they stay relatively itch free till evening time when the itch returns and they spot a "salted" look. This cycle repeats itself daily without fail. When, if at all, will they finally gain immunity? A few weeks?

My DT now has (for tangs) 2 PBT, 1 Tomini, 1 mimic, 1 eye spot and 1 horse shoe. The new additions mimic, eye spot and horse shoe also have a few spots in the evenings but are otherwise feeding normally. Hope they all gain immunity eventually. Am keeping up with weekly WC to keep water quality high and feeding a variety of fresh and seaweed.

Hope things turn out alright... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

dont use to be successful with Achilles tang, I do find Hippo , yellow, purple's easier. Recently got a very good specimen achilles tang -he didnt take food for a day- then reefer advised red bamboo ,that really did help! now I supplement with Nori seaweed clipped to glass cleaning magnet and green grapes from my refugium. )'ve got a Acanthurus sohal, a yellow tang and a blue tang in there together

vipersig.jpg

• 6 months later...
dont use to be successful with Achilles tang, I do find Hippo , yellow, purple's easier. Recently got a very good specimen achilles tang -he didnt take food for a day- then reefer advised red bamboo ,that really did help! now I supplement with Nori seaweed clipped to glass cleaning magnet and green grapes from my refugium. )'ve got a Acanthurus sohal, a yellow tang and a blue tang in there together
Can you put up a photo of red bamboo? I have never heard of it or seen it

• SRC Member

I heard so much about Red Bamboo but cannot seem to find it anywhere?

Anybody knows which place has it readily ?

And does it mean that it is only for Tangs or accepted by Angels and other fishes too ?

I heard so much about Red Bamboo but cannot seem to find it anywhere?

Anybody knows which place has it readily ?

And does it mean that it is only for Tangs or accepted by Angels and other fishes too ?

Best place selling red bamboo is CF

Orh.... Bro.

Do you feed your purple Tang & Angels with Red bamboo ?

And Red bamboo throw inside the tank can live for how long ?

I feed my AT with red bamboo. Red bamboo super hardly can live super long. But if you alot of tang It properly won't last you more then 3 day before it become botak

Orh.... Bro.

Do you feed your purple Tang & Angels with Red bamboo ?

And Red bamboo throw inside the tank can live for how long ?

Red bamboo very hardly.. can last many months... I always put plenty of red bamboo in QT tanks... I vote this is the best algae for tangs...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

AT should be the hardest to feed

I realize AT not difficult to get feeding when keep alone.. But they hv very difficult attitude to get along with other tangs unless in bigger tank environment. Cheers..

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore