Zeovit & SPS

Achilles Tang

• SRC Member
Using ICP might not give you the complete picture of the PO4 concentration. In the sense that ICP measures P and this will include organic as well as inorganic PO4 and other stuffs that might contain P.

This is like trying to measure the room temperature by measuring the time it takes for the ice cream to melt.

However it's still way better choice than our plain old test kits :P

HPLC or IC are better choice as you can measures the PO4 directly.

You also in this line? Maybe can exchange contacts and can intro lobangs to each other.. :lol:

:off:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's part of my job to deal with all these machines. Just relating based on my knowledge as ICP ionise the sample before burning it and splitting the light with diffraction grating. By measuring the intensity of the P emission line you will be able get the intensity only.

You will still need two standard sample to make a calibration curve for P before quantative analysis can be done.

From what I know ICP is just element analyzer based on the measuring principle. Maybe your company's ICP is different from what I know that's why it is able to measure molecular, do you know which manufacturer it comes from?

YzF, like I said, STN can be caused by many factors.

Zeovit recommends and it is important to keep your parameters near to NSW levels.

Most reefers tends to run their kH ard 9-10 and even if you let the kH drop it also never fall to the dangerous levels that might cause STN. However with people using zeovit is that they fail to watch their kH properly and let it crash and beca

use the kH is ard 7 so it can easily fall to dangerous levels and later cause STN.

The other reason is ionic imbalance or running parameters that are too high.

Another reason is zeo stuffs overdose.

As you did not measure those parameters during that time and unable to feed us the information so it is difficult to figure out what was the problem. That is what I meant by insufficient information to help you.

• SRC Member

i already say already... give us half plus six information and come blame zeovit is the cause... how we know what is the cause...

anyway if u really need help pls give us full story else sorry we cant be of help...

and plus use a proper zeovit reactor... fail to do so... u will not make your zeovit work.

just state an example.. u keep sps with 400W light but your run it with those flat reflector type like u see your house lighting... and u go blame the 400W not bright enough....;)

• SRC Member
That's part of my job to deal with all these machines. Just relating based on my knowledge as ICP ionise the sample before burning it and splitting the light with diffraction grating. By measuring the intensity of the P emission line you will be able get the intensity only.

You will still need two standard sample to make a calibration curve for P before quantative analysis can be done.

From what I know ICP is just element analyzer based on the measuring principle. Maybe your company's ICP is different from what I know that's why it is able to measure molecular, do you know which manufacturer it comes from?

Woah.... spare me the details... that's rocket science to me... :P

The manufacturer is Perkins Elmer, you selling this brand?

post-54-1107833267.gif

"Ah, Blackadder. Started talking to yourself, I see."

"Yes...it's the only way I can be assured of intelligent conversation."

- Melchett and Edmund Blackadder

• SRC Member

Rocket science? Then how you know it can measure molecula :blink:

I don't deal with PE but ours is direct competitor.

Technical details I know nuts.... me just want the results...the chemist got analyse the 3 different types of PO4 before....thus all this time I know I'm able to get results for these 3 PO4.

Direct competitor with PE? haha... I think I know what brand liao. ;)

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
i already say already... give us half plus six information and come blame zeovit is the cause... how we know what is the cause...

anyway if u really need help pls give us full story else sorry we cant be of help...

and plus use a proper zeovit reactor... fail to do so... u will not make your zeovit work.

just state an example.. u keep sps with 400W light but your run it with those flat reflector type like u see your house lighting... and u go blame the 400W not bright enough....;)

Bro AS,

I would like to clarify some details as i feel that your replies to my post are pretty hostile.

i didn't blame my SPS STN on Zeovit. Maybe its because of my poor writing that leads you in thinking that way. I believe in Zeovit and in fact i encourage reefers to use them. Although i have not be able to achieve great colours, it helped save my tank (during the crash) and allows me to feed heavily. Not to mention the heavy bioload and zero nitrate.

I post the probs that i have faced thinking that some reefers here might have encounter the same prob. I find it unusual when the SPS STN from the tip where it recieve most light. I'm sorry i cannot provide more detail on the tank parameters then as i changed water as soon as i notice the STN.

Most of my question has already been answered. Will monitor and update again if i face some other probs.

Thanks a million for all your attention.

Cheers :phone:

• SRC Member

Bro AS,

I would like to clarify some details as i feel that your replies to my post are pretty hostile.

i didn't blame my SPS STN on Zeovit. Maybe its because of my poor writing that leads you in thinking that way. I believe in Zeovit and in fact i encourage reefers to use them. Although i have not be able to achieve great colours, it helped save my tank (during the crash) and allows me to feed heavily. Not to mention the heavy bioload and zero nitrate.

I post the probs that i have faced thinking that some reefers here might have encounter the same prob. I find it unusual when the SPS STN from the tip where it recieve most light. I'm sorry i cannot provide more detail on the tank parameters then as i changed water as soon as i notice the STN.

Most of my question has already been answered. Will monitor and update again if i face some other probs.

Oh you must be new here? :o

pooorrrr pooooff.....

We should look at the basic of SPS reefing, using zeovit makes you no different from any other method.

If you using more conventional ways of reefing, if STN occurs what would you do and what information would you request to know?

There are too many factors and sometimes quite difficult to pinpoint the cause too.

I already stated some of the more common things to watch out for especially when one is using zeovit as that is what many zeovit users faced (from feedback) in one of my earlier reply in this thread of bro YzF, maybe he missed it.

• SRC Member
Scarab, I agree with you hor, life is very difficult here man.

You tok tok a bit and then someone :erm::erm: will shoot you from some other place. But also good lar the :pinch::pinch: person can no longer post here :blink::blink:

Like that reefing where got meaning :cry::cry:

Sorry sorry I am :off: again :rolleyes:

:lol::lol:

Sorry bro, that post was suppose to come in before your post. :evil:

You are doing a great job explaining. :bow::bow:

Keep it up.

• SRC Member

Bro AS,

Hi I'm sorry if I soud hostile to you... ;) but end of the day I'm stating the fact and truth...

I'm a straight forward person and I will just state the fact straight away.... ...

• SRC Member
:lol:

Maybe alanseah can list down what info is needed so that YzF can provide and experienced zeovit users can help.  ;)

Becos YzF may not know what is half plus six info and what is Not. :)

well if you are zeovit reefer I will expect you to go read the basic manual of zeovit and know what to list out...

Stanley you go zeovit forum everytime and you dont tell me bob and the rest of the zeovit reefer always list out what info those new reefer or problem one need... you should know they r the one who always ask the newie to list out all their tank param..

also sorry hor I already say alot of time no standard SOP in reefing hor.. your setup and mine is different how I going to tell u a standard SOP to follow and wait become worst u come shoot me issit...

we need info of how is your tank and your setup then we can advise ma...

• SRC Member
:)  :)

Gosh!!  :cry:  :cry::huh:  It is tough to post and ask for help nowadays..... :lol:  :lol:

Sorry I  :off:  :paiseh:

ya lor.. I agree.. look at the kind of question WL and me post.. and noone can answer it...

I always keep seeing newie questions and yet even newie questions also got ppls provide wrong answer and teach those newie wrongly..

how u can expect to get more adv ans nowaday... :D

• SRC Member

ya lor.. I agree.. look at the kind of question WL and me post.. and noone can answer it...

I always keep seeing newie questions and yet even newie questions also got ppls provide wrong answer and teach those newie wrongly..

how u can expect to get more adv ans nowaday... :D

Err... you off topic too.

post-54-1107833267.gif

• SRC Member
wait wait both of you are :off::off::off::off:

lol....... So am I still off topic on this post? lol

post-54-1107833267.gif