Anemone issue

koniyakutz

• SRC Member

Hi guys, got two anemones for my clownfish last night and things are not looking pretty. :(

Both have "attached" themselves to the LR but one of them seems to be very 'nua'. I don't really know how to describe it but it seems to sliding from rock to rock and its a little slimy when I touch it.

I have attached a pic of it, can see that its quite 'nua'. Is it dying? :(

dscf00422bj.jpg

The other one is doing okay, it ate a small piece of prawn when I fed it last night. But, it seems to have gone MIA when I checked the tank this morning.

:(

• SRC Member

your best bet is to get a few opnion from reefers who had keep the similar species before. one thing I experienced, they really hates direct current.

Do you have small coral rubbles? stack them around to form a small deep crevice against the LR at a low current location and place the problematic anemone there. Hopefully at least that will persuade it to attach. I had one in the past that hide itself inside the LR and later it becomes slimy and up the lorry

• SRC Member

theres some reasons why anemone moves ard.

1) they dun like the current (small to mild medium current prefered)

2) searching for lights (strong lighting needed)

3) searching for more oxygen. (do something about it. skimmer too weak? or temperature too high, dissolved oxygen reduced. add a fan or a chiller if u dun have it. if u have a chiller already and a good skimmer, then oxygen its not a problem already.)

do more readings and research. Strong Lighting is surely needed.

these are my experiences in keeping anemone.

hope it helps u atleast abit.

good luck.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

IMO they dun sting one another.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

If they are of the same kind, they dont sting each other..I brought another RBTA to mix with my GBTA after learning this from other reefers :) . They r able to exist side by side with touching no prob :)

So if ur both are bubble tip, then no prob :)