Story of a SUA LAI guy rite here

Venezia

• SRC Member

there are more than one person using that :nuke: avatar.

may not be butteye.

dealed with butteye before.

nice chap.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

just my worthless 2 cents.. :D and can be disregarded since my number of posts is so low... :lol::lol::lol::evil:

Last year I hired a NUS engineering graduate. He has 2nd upper class honours, very soft spoken, shy and at times seems unable to express himself very well. I hired him anyway since I thought I needed someone who can work and not talk :lol: communication skills can be trained anyway.

After working with him for a while, I observed that he would avoid at all costs face to face talk with me and would rather send email instead. His seat was less than 10m from mine. :D

Most interesting part of it is, from his email, I observed that he is a very 'assertive' person, using very strong words when expressing his views etc.

I am really amazed at his totally different character when talking and writing. :shock:

My point is, our younger generation is overly dependent on electronic media, so much that they have lost their confidence and ability to communicate with each other face to face and would rather hide behind the computer terminal.....

well...the case of this secret :ph34r: buyer may not be similar but its just my thoughts arising from this incident....

• SRC Member

Hey hey fellas clam down over the :nuke: logo. I might have missed it, but has anyone CONFIRMED the right guy? Imagine going through all the harsh words on an innocent guy. That will be really really really low down for the speaker.

• SRC Member
just my worthless 2 cents.. :D and can be disregarded since my number of posts is so low... :lol::lol::lol::evil:

Last year I hired a NUS engineering graduate. He has 2nd upper class honours, very soft spoken, shy and at times seems unable to express himself very well. I hired him anyway since I thought I needed someone who can work and not talk :lol: communication skills can be trained anyway.

After working with him for a while, I observed that he would avoid at all costs face to face talk with me and would rather send email instead. His seat was less than 10m from mine. :D

Most interesting part of it is, from his email, I observed that he is a very 'assertive' person, using very strong words when expressing his views etc.

I am really amazed at his totally different character when talking and writing. :shock:

My point is, our younger generation is overly dependent on electronic media, so much that they have lost their confidence and ability to communicate with each other face to face and would rather hide behind the computer terminal.....

well...the case of this secret :ph34r: buyer may not be similar but its just my thoughts arising from this incident....

TOTALLY agree...a lot of my younger staff will rather sent SMS then to walk to my room to talk to me.....

now i resort to walking around the office just so i can talk to them.....

Totally agree.

I found myself act behind the terminal a lot of time too. Maybe it is the job nature that I need to face the PC whole day which let me feel more confortable with the PC.

Remember the show "The Nets" ? Another wake up call for the sociaty...

Hey hey fellas clam down over the :nuke: logo. I might have missed it, but has anyone CONFIRMED the right guy? Imagine going through all the harsh words on an innocent guy. That will be really really really low down for the speaker.

Its the right guy. actually i lost $30 unless he decides to pay me back. Feel cheated.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Hahaha, no comments....anybody can say what they like. Anyway I'm not bothered by such uncall for remarks... BTW, I didn't mean not paying just that only gotten this bugger acc. 1 or 2 days ago and given me ultimatum to pay up by Thurdays??? What's this?? In fact, I have even reply that I'll pay but maybe this few days... everyone got works to busy.

So sad, such childish act does exist that for a mere $10 bucks he's out to spoil ppl reputation. Really lost of words. :(

And for those who like to give comments, pls place yourself in others perspective before making conclusion. Think two ways and not listen to what one's say.

Mod. pls closed this tread.. I promised I won't owe ppl $$$ anymore. :)

• SRC Member

:lol::lol::lol:

was reading thru the whole episode as it unfold.. and seriously, i burst out laughing.. No offense to acidjazz or whoever's involved.. but did anyone realise that the "so-called victim" has been dealing with an asshole all along?? and i mean literally!!

butteye=asshole right?

No offense butteye, am sure you can see the pun/joke as you chose this nick.. i would rather stay on the fence and not judge who's right or wrong.. not even my business and i will stay out out of it.. just couldnt resist pointing out this play of words :lol: ...

oki.. am out of here and dun want to be involve.. lighten up folks, and have some fun yah?!!

>>snickers...

• SRC Member

:nuke::nuke: Why is this story told by someone else?

I just need to clarify myself, first of all. When I purchase the LR. I did offer $30 for the 20kg since he gotten it at a very good price. For everybody info, there is a fellow reefer (not to mention nick) present during the time and he did heard what I've offered (not balance $30) (who doesn't want cheap buy). I'm not trying to pull a fast one. And I know him long just as I know the seller.

OK, the question. Y I drag payment. Prior to this. I offered to sell off some sand abt 20-30kg say for $10. This GUY pop out and wanted to buy. But after I look at it and told him that no need to buy lah just come take it. he then came and collected it. So we met again, and it was this LR issue. After I left will the LR, we did contact again. But I might have slip my mind abt the $10 balance and MY FAULT that I presumed that he wld have forgo the $10 out of maybe kindwill.

Then came a day (just last week) when I'm selling my diy T5 kit for $70 (twin set wif tube). He called me and wanted to buy. He then mentioned abt the balance of $30 that I owed him? (so who's right - If only the fellow reefer wld surface to clear my reputation) I told him tot we agreed to be $10 instead. He did verified with the fellow reefer. I then offer him $60 minus the $10. But eventually this deal fall through..Becos he push it further to $55.

Just a few days ago, he did press me for payment. Since he's staying near to one of the fellow reefer and I meet this guy more often, I told him to collect it from him first..and then the TT came to mind and he pm me the acc. no. on 4th Apr with the instruction - TRANSFER THE MONEY BY TOMORROW. though I owed him 10bucks, wld you pissed off seeing this?? (maybe I wld). The fact that yesterday I did forgotten to copy the acc. no. from the pm. Thus cannot make payment lor..and today I'm gonna pay him.

I'm disturb cos this is a one off case and as if I'm a cheater :(

Pls be fair to me lar, it's not that $10 very big.. I've dealt with so many reefer around, have I ever did such things??? sometime even when I sell my stuff, I wld reduce $5-$10.

Anyway, that's a lesson learnt for me.."ning yuan de zui da ren ye muo de zui xiao ren"

Cheap things no good, good things no cheap

And that's my Story....Cheers

Hmmm.... since both parties have come out and 'show hand', it may be a case of miscomm and bad timing (happens to many of us).

We should not get involved anymore since there is clarification by both sides on the issue.

I think we can leave them both in peace.... :)

The thread will now be closed.

Thank you all for constructive comments given.