Tioman's threatened reefs from dock construction

Alentino

does any divers know if the project has commenced? i never heard any news from tioman anymore except that it caused an uproar from many people since its announcement last year. I wonder if they have started to kill those centuries old corals on the sea bed ;)

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock

• SRC Member
does any divers know if the project has commenced? i never heard any news from tioman anymore except that it caused an uproar from many people since its announcement last year. I wonder if they have started to kill those centuries old corals on the sea bed ;)

We was having our honeymoon (+diving) in Berjaya not long after the announcement.

I spoke to the dive operator we were with, and he actually assured me that there will not be much destructions to the reef and corals as the constructions will be on the existing yacht parking area. However, the operators near that area are not happy and had been making lots of noise because they will either need to bare with the noise, dust etc or relocated at their own cost. <_<

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

i see.... i'd rather hope for the project to be cancelled. The construction's bound to dump in silt and smother somethin. some of our state government are incredibly short sighted and unfit for leadership.

"Less technology, more biology" --- John Tullock