Phuket Trip

absolut_vodka

• SRC Member

hmm.. quiet.. no ppl, can bargain till cheap cheap... kekeke.. perhaps a new set of ScubaPro BC going for S$250??? hahahaha

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

damned.. u tried Dive Supply?? It should be cheaper... but then, SG already had most stuff cheaper already.. went to looked for a depth gauge console that can be mounted on my hose but only found the gauge but dun have the housing that can be mounted on my hose, also, told myself to get it after the dives, during the resting day before the flight back and totally forgot abt it...

anyway, it is too big as well.. me looking for a mini depth gauge.. think i had to make do with my dive watch and computer already.. sigh..

btw, is Soi Eric still happening??? i miss the baked lobsters and the red coral groupers cooked in HK style...

damned.. i hallucinating.. still working in office, have not taken my dinner, so that i can go diving this weekend... it is worth it.. kekeke... :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
damned.. u tried Dive Supply?? It should be cheaper... but then, SG already had most stuff cheaper already.. went to looked for a depth gauge console that can be mounted on my hose but only found the gauge but dun have the housing that can be mounted on my hose, also, told myself to get it after the dives, during the resting day before the flight back and totally forgot abt it...

anyway, it is too big as well.. me looking for a mini depth gauge.. think i had to make do with my dive watch and computer already.. sigh..

btw, is Soi Eric still happening??? i miss the baked lobsters and the red coral groupers cooked in HK style...

damned.. i hallucinating.. still working in office, have not taken my dinner, so that i can go diving this weekend... it is worth it.. kekeke... :P

yup, went to check out dive supply... but still think its cheaper in singapore.. :)

dive computer should suffice... why still need a depth gauge?

ah? where's soi eric?? on patong? dunno leh... hehehe... i go thailand always eat the same stuff... phad thai, tom yum gung, fried rice and yes! yummy seafood! but mostly just steamed stuff...

u noe, i've never dived in malaysia waters before but will definitely love to try it one of these days!

• SRC Member
dive computer should suffice... why still need a depth gauge?

ah? where's soi eric?? on patong? dunno leh... hehehe... i go thailand always eat the same stuff... phad thai, tom yum gung, fried rice and yes! yummy seafood! but mostly just steamed stuff...

u noe, i've never dived in malaysia waters before but will definitely love to try it one of these days!

depth gauge is in case my DC suddenly decided to take a vacation underwater and the gauge allows me to do my safety stop... but i think can follow ppl.. kekeke..

soi eric is along Patong... nearby has lots of pubs like Blangah, did u see the pub where there are bananas as decoration? dun know whether is it hit by the tsunami or not...

as for not diving in malaysia waters, u ought to be kidding me... :blink: where did u get ur certification from??? i gather that u are a SGorean???

Malaysia has lots of nice sites for leisure.. We talk abt West Malaysia

Redang,

Perhentien,

Tioman

Aur

Dayang,

Tenggol.... etc, just to name a few

East Malaysia has

Sipadan!!!

• SRC Member

depth gauge is in case my DC suddenly decided to take a vacation underwater and the gauge allows me to do my safety stop... but i think can follow ppl.. kekeke..

soi eric is along Patong... nearby has lots of pubs like Blangah, did u see the pub where there are bananas as decoration? dun know whether is it hit by the tsunami or not...

as for not diving in malaysia waters, u ought to be kidding me... :blink: where did u get ur certification from??? i gather that u are a SGorean???

Malaysia has lots of nice sites for leisure.. We talk abt West Malaysia

Redang,

Perhentien,

Tioman

Aur

Dayang,

Tenggol.... etc, just to name a few

East Malaysia has

Sipadan!!!

ya lah, follow ur buddy!! haha.... dun need to buy dive gauge lah! waste money...

no leh... dunno where's soi eric but anyway, i eat seafood along this street that is parallel to patong, not on patong itself.. its cheaper there. and no, never see any pubs with banana decorations though....

yes, s'porean but so far, i've only dived thailand, indonesia and mostly australia. can't bear the journey to dive in malaysia waters so i think i'll go on a liveaboard when i have the time to dive malaysia waters. haha...

i'm thinking of doing Perhentien and Sipadan... so we'll see when i find the time to go!

• SRC Member
ya lah, follow ur buddy!! haha.... dun need to buy dive gauge lah! waste money...

no leh... dunno where's soi eric but anyway, i eat seafood along this street that is parallel to patong, not on patong itself.. its cheaper there. and no, never see any pubs with banana decorations though....

yes, s'porean but so far, i've only dived thailand, indonesia and mostly australia. can't bear the journey to dive in malaysia waters so i think i'll go on a liveaboard when i have the time to dive malaysia waters. haha...

i'm thinking of doing Perhentien and Sipadan... so we'll see when i find the time to go!

wah.. so rich.. dive at all these places..

i think i know the place u talking abt.. is it an open air place where abt 8-9 zhi cha stores ard?? i had good lobsters!!..slurps..

nleong Posted on Apr 27 2005, 09:49 AM

the 'just in case' kel... think soon you don't have to wear weights already...

manado manado manado 

ok.. i know u going to Manado... and u never know when the equipment might die on u.. i hope my DC wun die on u when i lend u to go Manado.. kekeke :P

• SRC Member
Nice pics.. thanks for sharing. And the viz is stunning.. either that, or you got wideangle lens! :D

haha... actually neither... viz was only like 5m or so and i'm usually an amateur digi camera... the mju300 with underwater housing!

i tried to go near to the object that i'm taking... and probably that's why.

• SRC Member

wah.. so rich.. dive at all these places..

i think i know the place u talking abt.. is it an open air place where abt 8-9 zhi cha stores ard?? i had good lobsters!!..slurps..

ok.. i know u going to Manado... and u never know when the equipment might die on u.. i hope my DC wun die on u when i lend u to go Manado.. kekeke :P

haha... not rich! just cannot bear long, tiring journey... i'm very fragile! :P

• SRC Member
haha... actually neither... viz was only like 5m or so and i'm usually an amateur digi camera... the mju300 with underwater housing!

i tried to go near to the object that i'm taking... and probably that's why.

the pics are still a bit greenish.. not enuff lights.. if u have enuff lux in ur strobes, u should be able to bring out the full color of it...

• SRC Member

the pics are still a bit greenish.. not enuff lights.. if u have enuff lux in ur strobes, u should be able to bring out the full color of it...

yes, i'm sure the photos will be great with a strobe but i still cannot convince myself to spend $$$ on the strobe since it costs more than my camera!! haha...

• SRC Member
yes, i'm sure the photos will be great with a strobe but i still cannot convince myself to spend $$$ on the strobe since it costs more than my camera!! haha...

that's true <_< alternatively, u can consider getting a LED torch as supplement.. i got myself the C8 eLED for this purpose.. will try it out this weekend.. see how it turns out... keeping my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed.. :)

• SRC Member

that's true <_< alternatively, u can consider getting a LED torch as supplement.. i got myself the C8 eLED for this purpose.. will try it out this weekend.. see how it turns out... keeping my fingers, toes, legs and arms crossed.. :)

yes! i do intend to get ikelite or similar to help 'light' my objects... and this trip, i saw someone who has something that can help 'secure' the light, much like the arm of a strobe so hehe... that's what i'll use until I can bear to part with the $$$ to buy a strobe (or when I finally decide to spend $$ on a digital SLR which will then justify me buying a strobe!)! :)

hey.... u enjoy ur trip and remember to take lots of pics to share with us!!