Singapore Water Not so bad actually

chrislwp

• SRC Member

Hi..

Was snorkling around Sentosa last weekend.. Guess what.. There are precious coral around the coast of Sentosa island..

Some of the coral I found..

post-12-1115693509.jpg

Tank 4x2x2.5

• SRC Member

yes sentosa used to hv very gd corals etc ... i used to go there when i was in school... the 3rd lagoon (now destroyed already). Used to hv ###### shrimps, massive anemones, lots of sps, soft corals, wrasses etc so sad its all gonzo in the name of development

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
Hi..

Was snorkling around Sentosa last weekend.. Guess what.. There are precious coral around the coast of Sentosa island..

Some of the coral I found..

yup, I have seen bubbles there too....but better keep the location to yourself..... :ph34r:

• SRC Member

now i know y there are ppl snorkelling there :lol:

seriously.... dun take whatever corals there are left there...theres so little left already.... :( the corals there are the common ones u see in farms, might as well get them legally ;) unless u can find a red fungia or sumthing :P:pinch:

• SRC Member

anyway, when u visit to sentosa , go to the ferry terminal, and below the pathment u will see alot of corals down there!!!

make sure the tides is low then u can see clearly

:rolleyes:

lol. . when i was diving in great barrier reef, the visibility is 12m. Can see many clams, lps and other stuff. . too bad the guide swimming beside me. . if not. .. :evil:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
lol. . when i was diving in great barrier reef, the visibility is 12m. Can see many clams, lps and other stuff. . too bad the guide swimming beside me. . if not. .. :evil:

When I dive Bunaken Manado, the viz was like 30m....

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• SRC Member

harlow.. this is all abt SG waters.. not Barrier Reef or Bunaken.. anyway, when i dived in Redang, Mah Chantik, the viz was like 25-28M.. comparable huh :P ok.. me also guilty of talking of other sites.. kekeke

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Sg river also u dive.. u win hands down.. so, when will u be diving in Bishan Long kang?? :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.