For reptile lovers..

FuEl

oh yea! and one more gaboon viper also my favourite , ever since i see it strike backwards i'm attracted to it..

Hmmm..the snake with the longest fangs. You would'nt want to get bitten by one of those.. :rolleyes:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

i dun have pics but the are the thing i keep before .

oriental whip.

painted bronze back.

indo chinese rat.

retriculated .

striped keel back.

green tree paradise.

white knee taran.

fire leg taran.

civet .

i dun have pics but the are the thing i keep before .

oriental whip.

painted bronze back.

indo chinese rat.

retriculated .

striped keel back.

green tree paradise.

white knee taran.

fire leg taran.

civet .

Now we know whp started SARS. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • SRC Member

im in the midst of planning for a reptile tank... sort of reptile tank la... i might be keeping 2 lizards and 4 terrapins together in a 2ft tank... half water and half branches and leaves... got the idea looking thru books in the lib..

BUT

i've got 1 problem... i can find the terrapins.. but the geckos are proving to be a tough one... know any place in singapore that i can get them? :thanks:

The world is such a wicked place,war btween the human race. People work to earn their bread,while across the sea they're counting dead

Terrapins eventually grow..and they will attempt to eat anything that moves. Your lizards might be in danger in time to come...especially if they are terrestial. You can look at aboreal species. Lizards which might fit into your setup might be aboreal types like tokay geckos. Saw them for sale in K.L before but then again I've heard them existing in Pulau Ubin. Other common species that you could consider are crested geckos or Madagascan day geckos. Depends on yourself..any aboreal species will do.

Anyway..2 ft tank sounds like a problem. Animals eventually grow. 4 terrapins and 2 lizards should have at least a 4 ft tank. Small tanks foul more easily and geckos poop all over the place. If can only get a 2 ft..think at most 1 terrapin and 2 small gecko species..maybe the smaller species of Madagascan day geckos.

Then again...I really should'nt be promoting keeping exotic species..perhaps you could consider a local species? A small specimen of Malayan blue coral snake will fit greatly into a 2ft setup..just make sure it does'nt escape or bite you. I first saw a 2/3 foot specimen at Bukit Timah when I was 12 years old..almost got it into my water bottle..but atlas it escaped..now can't find it even after so much trekking. :(

Maticora%20bivirgata%20flaviceps01-72.jp

• SRC Member

There's 1 python that has skin that look like batik. That one was a beauty. Saw it on tv, documentary about snakes.

The blue coral is venomous right? No way it is safe to keep. There's a local snake species that is harmless though. Length is the same as an average person palm. Black color and can only be found under rocks. Same size as a toothpick. But feeding wise is unknown.

• SRC Member

Hhi guys.... after all these mths, i'm still looking for rhino beetles. Pls pm & let me know if u hv any lobang (not too exp lah). Tx :bow:

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• 3 years later...
  • 10 years later...