Free Stuff For Young Reefer?..

jem

ok..reserved a 4 ft tank from a fellow reefer...hey bro..know any good lobang for transportation services cheep² one?..

4 ft tank. . sounds fun. . set aside additional 3k-5k for ur set up. . u wld need it

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reading all the advice given makes me want to cry :cry2: with joy seeing all the angel in SRC helping out....

welcome to the marine world

he he he me new too just started and still reading :shock:

• SRC Member

sometimes you can get confused from reading too much too.. Different authors have different method of making their tank a success..

Reading just makes the learning curve shorter.

"Don't care how you do it, just get it done" :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
sometimes you can get confused from reading too much too.. Different authors have different method of making their tank a success..

Reading just makes the learning curve shorter.

"Don't care how you do it, just get it done" :rolleyes:

Yup. Read but must form your own judgement and ideas. Can only be done through experience and interaction/discussion/hints from other reefers.

All the best in your set up! :D

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member
ok..reserved a 4 ft tank from a fellow reefer...hey bro..know any good lobang for transportation services cheep² one?..

i tink sgbros provides quite a gd service... i dun hav their contacts though... hope other reefers can contribute :)

btw, tink i got an extra orca 40 (air stone type) skimmer... can lend it to u for ur 2 ft if ur budget is tight ;)

• SRC Member

oh...its ok..i changed my mind and got myself another two feet tank with a built in sump at the back..just bought a some equipment from a fellow reefer here at a steal price...updates of my current tank..bannerfish,cleaner wrasse,4 c.clowns are still doing ok..haha..all are eating..except that the baner fish has a lil cut on his "banner"...juz got myself a mushie..will be setting up my other tank this saturday and cycling it till next month or so...guys any info to feed me for keeping LPS?.. :yeah:

i place it in my tank for more than 1.5 years liao.

at first, im not to it.

but after while, im alrite with it

Similarly here. :D

I hv a 4 footer in my room and it seems ok for me. But I must say my room is kinda big and elongated so with the tank at one end and my bed at the other end, the noise isn't that back.

Other factors that reduce noise include a good tank cabinet, and at nite, when my aircon is on, the chiller doesn't fire up (so no sound) becos my aircon keeps the tank temp at 25degree. (I set my aircon at 24degree.)

Having said that, I once stayed in a smaller room with a 2footer and a chiller. Only had a fan in the room and on some nites it felt like a sauna..... :lol:

So I guese if u wan to keep in your room, u can but there are factors to consider to keep noise level down. Worst case scenario......still wan to sleep and look at your fishes at the sametime.....wear ear plugs ;)