1 Feet Cube

hobbes

• SRC Member

After a long wait, its time to start blogging my tank updates and pictures!

I planned and customised my tank and had it build by tankmakers for $68

which included a pump :) so here it is!

:) :) :) hope u guys support me in cheers and suggestions

Tank Specs: 15(h) x 12(w) x 18(l) / Estimated 8 Gallon

Time: May 5 2005, 5:55pm

Magic dust: Tropic Marin salt

post-69-1116860356.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Hi bro ..Cool :D.. 8 gallon only :D wat are u intending to keep ???

cheers :D

• SRC Member

First thing I did was to paste black sticker to cover the overflow area for a professional look. Next I added the Hardware, salt, water and let it run!

Hardware

Backstage: 12(h) x 12(w) x 6(l)

Internal Overflow: Filter wool > Live rocks >

Pump: Atman 103 (1000l/h)

Exibit Area: 12(h) x 12(w) x 12(l)

Lighting: PL 11w x 2 (Philips daylight, dymax 50/50)

Live rocks

Sand (0 size with -1 on top)

post-69-1116860876.jpg

• SRC Member

Hi Lester Sharkeeper! How r uuuu? I'm acutally intending to keep inverts. and maybe pipefishes - leaving my options open now :D

Alittle correction - I added my liferock 1 week into cycling.

Making a choice - I was giving bioballs and ceremics free, but i decided not to use them. I replace them with liverock in the area below the filterwool :)

DIY - I diy-ed a 9w PL, on top of the return pump section making it my refug. for now :P

oo look.. time to change the wool!

post-69-1116861856.jpg

• SRC Member

Liveware

Janss' Pipefish - Doryrhamphus janssi

Scarlet Hermit Crab - Paguristes cadenati

###### Shrimp - Thor amboinesis (x2)

Hi Fin Red Banded Goby - Stonogobiops xanthorhinica

Randall's Pistol Shrimp - Alpheus randalli

Pom pom crab (Just added 1hour ago)

I added these live stock over a period of 7days. :)

Lookin at the list seems alot but all add together they still produce a very low bioload.

Intend to add afew more inverts soon!

Heres a photo of my tank, arrg notice the extention plug? gotta put that away for good :P The lights are on 2 tube of daylight which was before i swap one to a dymax tube.

post-69-1116862564.jpg

• SRC Member
Liveware

Lookin at the list seems alot but all add together they still produce a very low bioload.

Heres a photo of my tank, arrg notice the extention plug? gotta put that away for good :P The lights are on 2 tube of daylight which was before i swap one to a dymax tube.

Very cool, really inspire me to try it out on a full sps & ricordia florida nano tank.

Eric

Very cool, really inspire me to try it out on a full sps & ricordia florida nano tank.

Eric

that's a good idea. . a tank solely for rics. . a 1ft cube wld be just nice. . :idea:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Hello acidjazz and eric! welcome to my thread!

I dont know how to tell u how much i LOOOOVVVE ricordia florida

but they are quite expensive :P wanna sponser me ;)

Feeding - I just fed my fishes supper, my Hi Fin Red Banded Goby - Stonogobiops xanthorhinica started eating!! He started to realise things falling down is food, I off my pump and spend some time dropping food to his cave where he and his buddy Randall's Pistol Shrimp - Alpheus randalli stayed. I just got them 1day ago from ML. :) Next I on the pump and carry on feeding, he started to learn the ways of the force.. oops! lol started to pick up more speed when catching his food :D

My Janss' Pipefish - Doryrhamphus janssi, seems to be busy finding copepods.. sometimes it seems to be swimming up side down o.O how? lol it eats cyclozpiesz sometimes - my guess when he cant find enuff food.

Software

Squirts

Blue sponge

Green, Orange yumas "Common"

Zoanthid, Assorted Color Polyp - Zoanthus species

Crocea Clam 1st grade - Tridacna crocea

post-69-1116869042.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey hobbes nice looking nano man!

Did u happen to be at ML on Fri nite?

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member
Liveware

Hi Hobbes,

Looks like your nano's coming along nicely! :D

Is your lighting hood from Qian Hu?

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

woot. look like mine. lol. becareful on ur overflow, the egg crate will allow small fishes to swim into ur overflow which happens to my neon goby many times.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

wow!!! a small computer system... with a high definition monitor... cool!!!!

bro.. then u using any fan or wat?? and r u using skimmer??

Greetings.................

bro .. just to check with you the total costs for ur one feet tank.. does $68 consist the pump ? if not. what is the total cost for it ?

:D

• SRC Member

Hello dkk08! - nope I wasnt at ML on friday night

Hey aStRoBo|! - ur tank stats inspired me to get one myself!! thu the pipings isnt like urs >_< booo!

Greetings daimy068!!! - hmmm Qian Hu?? o.O clementi isit?

HELLLO cjh - nice way to put it.. hahaha :D :D i dont run a skimmer, i use my other tank skimmer to skim overnight when i feel that bioload is building up (Redsea Prizm). I'll post a photo of my chilling device soon :P

hello SaTaN - For $68 u can get a 2feet Internal Overflow tank, smaller tank would still cost the same presumming that they count the glass planels used.

You also get a Pump, a bag of bioballs, a bag of ceramics, a bag of filterwool. And some simple plastic pipings for you to pipe your pump - which I didnt use, I prefer pvc

for now a picture of.. Jedi Knights and Masters!! I'm the guy wearin the imperial officer uniform with a lightsaber!! :D :D

post-69-1116912911.jpg

• SRC Member
Hello dkk08! - nope I wasnt at ML on friday night

Hey aStRoBo|! - ur tank stats inspired me to get one myself!! thu the pipings isnt like urs >_< booo!

Greetings daimy068!!! - hmmm Qian Hu?? o.O clementi isit?

HELLLO cjh - nice way to put it.. hahaha :D :D i dont run a skimmer, i use my other tank skimmer to skim overnight when i feel that bioload is building up (Redsea Prizm). I'll post a photo of my chilling device soon :P

hello SaTaN - For $68 u can get a 2feet Internal Overflow tank, smaller tank would still cost the same presumming that they count the glass planels used.

You also get a Pump, a bag of bioballs, a bag of ceramics, a bag of filterwool. And some simple plastic pipings for you to pipe your pump - which I didnt use, I prefer pvc

for now a picture of.. Jedi Knights and Masters!! I'm the guy wearin the imperial officer uniform with a lightsaber!! :D :D

hehe which one ... ??? :P

• SRC Member

yo Lester! I'm the guy on the 1st row extreme right :P

yo aStRoBo|.. dont think its by masterreplica. u could get one frm $200-230

Feeding - Just fed my fishes, goby still learnin to eat without being afraid. lol The pipe fish happily swims around and eat copepods again. I CANT FIND MY PISTOL SHRIMP, im geting worried.. It should be with the goby in their cave..but i dont see it coming out.. maybe.. at night =\ I have a strange feeling there might be some evil monster in my tank. I lost 1 ###### shrimp acutally.. I bought 3.. now Im left with 2 hmm..

Add/Remove Folder - I plan to remove my hermit. I think hes abit too big and might be the monster! Gotta replace him with those MINI HERMIT those really really mini ones :P maybe 2-3 I think ML sells 9 for $11 lol! anyone wanan share?

Ok heres a pic that look almost exactly like my goby. took it off a website, great loveable peaceful fish you guys shld get it!

post-69-1116952357.jpg

• SRC Member

Feeding - Just fed my fishes, goby still learnin to eat without being afraid. lol The pipe fish happily swims around and eat copepods again. I CANT FIND MY PISTOL SHRIMP, im geting worried.. It should be with the goby in their cave..but i dont see it coming out.. maybe.. at night =\ I have a strange feeling there might be some evil monster in my tank. I lost 1 ###### shrimp acutally.. I bought 3.. now Im left with 2 hmm..

Add/Remove Folder - I plan to remove my hermit. I think hes abit too big and might be the monster! Gotta replace him with those MINI HERMIT those really really mini ones :P maybe 2-3 I think ML sells 9 for $11 lol! anyone wanan share?

Ok heres a pic that look almost exactly like my goby. took it off a website, great loveable peaceful fish you guys shld get it!

nice goby :D

• SRC Member

hi bro .. cam pm the contacts of ur tank maker or where u bought it ??? one of my friend is interested...

:thanks::evil:

• SRC Member

put it in the delete folder(overflow box) then clear folder(sell it away in SRC) to gain more space in ur hard disc... :P:P:lol::D

• SRC Member

howdy cjh, LEstersharkeeper n mAxKoh!

eh I'll tell u guys the shop right here bah, I always get equipment there as they sell stuff super cheap - cheapest in singapore (my guess)

Its the shop near Clementi MRT, there is a 24hr LFS there.. walk along the shops and u'll get to a messy LFS which sells mainly equipments and freshwater stuffs (The shop at the end, beside a clinic) I support da people there alot :D :D

ADDITIONAL HARDWARE

despite all the neg. comments i still went ahead and bought the ICEPROBE, with temp. controller. My tank is est. 1feet cube, if it cant chill it down then I guess the iceprobe is a total failure. :P Well my water was chilled and I hope it remained chilled. I got the probe from a brother here for $180 - great buy. Thu I have not find a secure thingy to put it, i put switch my lighting hood to verticaly facin the tankfront, and daarrda!! the iceprobe fits nicely between the tank wall and the hood. But it isnt secure :P so hmm Anyone work on plastic stuffs? maybe can help me build a holder that hangs on my tank????!! *thanks*

ADDITIONAL LIVEWARE

hahaha guess what!! I got 3 MINI hermits.. tot they would do perfect for my tank. As I MAY consider removing my bigger hermit.. wanan keep NANO in my nano tank :P

And I GOTTTT DWARF PIPEFISHHHHH - dont know the exact names but they r COOL! I got 3 of them! once they got into the water dey starting swimming around! And soon after eating! :D Their body colour are strips of VERTICAL DARKBLUE and Orange :D awesome I tell u.. they are about 1.1Inch :P thats really a Nano pipefish!

And I got a bristlestarfish which i find SUPER HUGE.. its the size of my hand.. i think im gotta put it in another tank or sell away >_< anyone has MINI BRISTALSTARFISHY?

post-69-1117030430.jpg

• SRC Member

yo hobbes u can trying using a light diffuser aka eggcrate and cut into the desired shape to hold the ice probe on ur tank... hmmm maybe I shld get a ice probe for my tank too... does it has temp control? And how cool is ur tank now? And what skimmer r u using?

“Frogs have it easy, they can eat what bugs them”

"If you have no critics you'll likely have no success."

- Malcolm X

Glory Glory Man Utd!

DeZ aka Desmond

• SRC Member

Removal of Liveware

Heres alittle update, sadly. my big pipefish started became aggro with with dwarfs so hes the 1st one to go. I already put him in another tank.. I guess I'll have to sell him.

Next, as I got 3 dwarfie, 2 of them paired up and one of the pair seem to aggro the loner - so this dwarf pipefish (1.1inch) is the next to go when I can find someone who can use it.

I also remove my bigger hermit crab - so im only left with 3 mini hermits :D makes my tank looks bigger muahah

I also plan to remove my bristlestar.. quite huge for my tank.

Everyone else is quite fine acutally. lol :P

Iceprobe maintaining my temp at 27. wonder if it can go lower hmm..

post-69-1117075673.jpg