1 Feet Cube

hobbes

• SRC Member

Quick update

- Got a goniopora (powerpot) coral today! quite big one, red and blue middle! It started to open and my anemone shrimp happily hosted on it! When the coral gets bigger I guess I've have to frag it.

- Got another orange squirt yest. These bright orange squirt really adds colour to my tank!

- Remove the brittlestar.. omg my fingers were >_<

- Everything else is fine! Execpt tt my goby doesnt really swim out his hole often. and i still cant the pistol o.O anyone help?

Just added into tank, everythings close :P the gonoi is at the left back.

post-69-1117192734.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
howdy cjh, LEstersharkeeper n mAxKoh!

eh I'll tell u guys the shop right here bah, I always get equipment there as they sell stuff super cheap - cheapest in singapore (my guess)

Its the shop near Clementi MRT, there is a 24hr LFS there.. walk along the shops and u'll get to a messy LFS which sells mainly equipments and freshwater stuffs (The shop at the end, beside a clinic) I support da people there alot :D :D

ADDITIONAL HARDWARE

despite all the neg. comments i still went ahead and bought the ICEPROBE, with temp. controller. My tank is est. 1feet cube, if it cant chill it down then I guess the iceprobe is a total failure. :P Well my water was chilled and I hope it remained chilled. I got the probe from a brother here for $180 - great buy. Thu I have not find a secure thingy to put it, i put switch my lighting hood to verticaly facin the tankfront, and daarrda!! the iceprobe fits nicely between the tank wall and the hood. But it isnt secure :P so hmm Anyone work on plastic stuffs? maybe can help me build a holder that hangs on my tank????!! *thanks*

ADDITIONAL LIVEWARE

hahaha guess what!! I got 3 MINI hermits.. tot they would do perfect for my tank. As I MAY consider removing my bigger hermit.. wanan keep NANO in my nano tank :P

And I GOTTTT DWARF PIPEFISHHHHH - dont know the exact names but they r COOL! I got 3 of them! once they got into the water dey starting swimming around! And soon after eating! :D Their body colour are strips of VERTICAL DARKBLUE and Orange :D awesome I tell u.. they are about 1.1Inch :P thats really a Nano pipefish!

And I got a bristlestarfish which i find SUPER HUGE.. its the size of my hand.. i think im gotta put it in another tank or sell away >_< anyone has MINI BRISTALSTARFISHY?

:thanks: bro for the info :D

cheers :D

• SRC Member

EMERGENCY

my good reefer friend IANTOH came over and check my water peremeters wif his kits.. OMG BAD BAD BAD.. shall save the details

I'm doing 50% water change soon.. mix salt with water liao, now waiting for awhile to start the water change >_< BOO OHOOOHOOO

May the force be with me...

post-69-1117206434.jpg

• SRC Member
EMERGENCY

my good reefer friend IANTOH came over and check my water peremeters wif his kits.. OMG BAD BAD BAD.. shall save the details

I'm doing 50% water change soon.. mix salt with water liao, now waiting for awhile to start the water change >_< BOO OHOOOHOOO

May the force be with me...

wat happen ... ??? Spike ??? :blink:

eh I'll tell u guys the shop right here bah, I always get equipment there as they sell stuff super cheap - cheapest in singapore (my guess)

Its the shop near Clementi MRT, there is a 24hr LFS there.. walk along the shops and u'll get to a messy LFS which sells mainly equipments and freshwater stuffs (The shop at the end, beside a clinic)  I support da people there alot :D :D

gee thkx for e info bro :D

• SRC Member

Its the shop near Clementi MRT, there is a 24hr LFS there.. walk along the shops and u'll get to a messy LFS which sells mainly equipments and freshwater stuffs (The shop at the end, beside a clinic) I support da people there alot :D :D

ADDITIONAL HARDWARE

despite all the neg. comments i still went ahead and bought the ICEPROBE, with temp. controller. My tank is est. 1feet cube, if it cant chill it down then I guess the iceprobe is a total failure. :P Well my water was chilled and I hope it remained chilled. I got the probe from a brother here for $180 - great buy. Thu I have not find a secure thingy to put it, i put switch my lighting hood to verticaly facin the tankfront, and daarrda!! the iceprobe fits nicely between the tank wall and the hood. But it isnt secure :P so hmm Anyone work on plastic stuffs? maybe can help me build a holder that hangs on my tank????!! *thanks*

ADDITIONAL LIVEWARE

hahaha guess what!! I got 3 MINI hermits.. tot they would do perfect for my tank. As I MAY consider removing my bigger hermit.. wanan keep NANO in my nano tank :P

And I GOTTTT DWARF PIPEFISHHHHH - dont know the exact names but they r COOL! I got 3 of them! once they got into the water dey starting swimming around! And soon after eating! :D Their body colour are strips of VERTICAL DARKBLUE and Orange :D awesome I tell u.. they are about 1.1Inch :P thats really a Nano pipefish!

And I got a bristlestarfish which i find SUPER HUGE.. its the size of my hand.. i think im gotta put it in another tank or sell away >_< anyone has MINI BRISTALSTARFISHY?

haha.thx for the info also.. :P

i noe where hehe... coz i've been there before... but the marine lifestock there :sick: when i went there, mostly the tank is dead fishes....

• SRC Member

ADDTIONAL HARDWARE

as im a fan of skimmers.. heres my skimmer. As it doesnt fit in nicely to my tank back, I had to melt and cut part of it so it can fit nicely and it wont take out much space of the viewing area of the side.. yea really happy abt it. BUT i may not put the skimmer to "SKIM" mode 24 7... hmm.. ok heres the pic 1st!

post-69-1117287098.jpg

• SRC Member
i noe where hehe... coz i've been there before... but the marine lifestock there :sick: when i went there, mostly the tank is dead fishes....

i think he means the clementi florist shop..

• SRC Member

i think he means the clementi florist shop..

clementi florist shop?? where is it?

• SRC Member

ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE

Added a purple sponge.

Added green mushroom (frm my other tank)

Added star polyps (frm my other tank)

they were added afew mins ago only so erm. they arent all open :)

the mushroom are at the back

heres the picture before doing a water change :P

post-69-1117885754.jpg

• SRC Member
yes i meant the florist shop. they mainly sell freshwater fishes/plants and loads of tanks and equipments.. Its beside a clinic. Hmmm who has the address?

Clementi Florist and Aquarium.

Blk 328, #01-210. Clementi Ave 2. Singapore 760123

Hobbes,

I'm a newbie here. Care to share how think is yr glass panel of the tank? I saw 1 tank that seems to be of the same dimension as yrs, the designing also the same as yrs. Price also $68 but I din ask whether includes the pump n such or not.

I'm interested to knoe the thinkness cos I'm worried under the weight of water and stones... The whole tank can't take it?

If possible, can u share some tips on how u set up yr filtration system?

Thanks a lot...

• SRC Member

hullo maverick77!

my tank is... 6mm 15(h) x 12(w) x 18(l) Inches.

Normally ready made tanks would come in 2feet, with the same Internal Overflow System with the same design. I made my 1.5feet (0.5 feet would be my Overflow area) So I would have a 1feet cube for my display area.

6mm should be fine, esp my tank vol is very small. And I dont really stack my rocks against the glass. My rockwork is kinda like "centralise" making it possible to view from all 3 sides :)

Filtration system? haha. All u really need is to start off right, and everything will be fine! Before you setup your tank plan on how you will want to put ur skimmer.

Skimmer is like the liver of our human body :P U need it! Try to make your tank look as cool and neat as possible too, so plan ahead what equipment ur getting and maybe u could custom the tank alittle to suit ur equipment needs :P

I honestly think all you really need for a nano would be lights, skimmer, fan, diy topup container (on a dripper) <-- i havent done it yet.. gonna do it soon :D

CheeRRRRSSS!

heres the frontview of my tank i just took.

post-69-1118157587.jpg

hullo maverick77!

my tank is... 6mm 15(h) x 12(w) x 18(l) Inches.

Normally ready made tanks would come in 2feet, with the same Internal Overflow System with the same design. I made my 1.5feet (0.5 feet would be my Overflow area) So I would have a 1feet cube for my display area.

6mm should be fine, esp my tank vol is very small. And I dont really stack my rocks against the glass. My rockwork is kinda like "centralise" making it possible to view from all 3 sides :)

Filtration system? haha. All u really need is to start off right, and everything will be fine! Before you setup your tank plan on how you will want to put ur skimmer.

Skimmer is like the liver of our human body :P U need it! Try to make your tank look as cool and neat as possible too, so plan ahead what equipment ur getting and maybe u could custom the tank alittle to suit ur equipment needs :P

I honestly think all you really need for a nano would be lights, skimmer, fan, diy topup container (on a dripper) <-- i havent done it yet.. gonna do it soon :D

CheeRRRRSSS!

heres the frontview of my tank i just took.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

That means the one I saw might be 2 ft... slightly bigger than yrs. I only intend to use lights, skimmer, filter... Not so sure abt cooler... Tot its suppose to be quite ex and if use fan, will cause lots of evaporation. :(

Actually, i'm trying to say i know nothing abt wat to put between the 2 compartments of the internal filter... If u understand wat i'm trying to say... So maybe a pic or 2 of yr internal from diff angle might help... :(

Well, most likely gg to get the tank from that shop... only thing to consider is the type of equipment to get...

Do u have any comments abt undergravel filter?

• SRC Member

undergravel filter system works well, but they can only last like 1.5years. AFter that u need to restart ur system.

What i put for my filtration is simple.. i did away with bioballs and ceramics.. my overflow area 1, I had wool which I change once its dirty :P (Got alot of wool and its cheap!) and below the wool, i added liverocks. GOOD QUALITY live rocks.. i fill it all up. Area 2 Only has the return pump. I plan to put liverocks there too.

Yep thats my filtration system. Very Bio focus :) Whats better than live rocks?

Cheers!

heres me... bring it on :D :D :D

post-69-1118250828.jpg