1 Feet Cube

hobbes

• SRC Member

ha just got back frm a camp in malaysia, eeek! my maid didnt top up my water >_< SCREWEWWWWWWWWW HERR!!!

anyways. b4 I left my friend IANTOH came over and return me 1/3 of my gonipora, haha they were much healthier! and 1/3 seems like a nice size.. I guess I might have to leave 2/3 in his tank :P

Heres a picture of them. Look.. my goby is startin to realise that hes da king..

post-69-1118575947.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i like ur neat tank too :peace:

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

bad news, lol my sponge, purple and blue isnt doing very well, they aint growing.. an seem to be "weak" i think they r dying...

they aint turning white, they r just going weak.. anyways hmm what corals shld i get if my sponges leaves???

• SRC Member

Updates

I change my tank location!! from my living room to my room!!

This means, aircon for my fishes.. longer close-observation time..

:) :)

Bad thing is... the light gonna blind me while i m on my computer.. gonna fix that soon =X

and er... if i spill water.. my room might become salted. :P

Cheers!

post-69-1119293494.jpg

• SRC Member

Updates.. I bought some buttons(wad do u call em :P)

kinda got afew colours..

Yellow with Orange middle

Green with white middle

Dark green with Orange middle

yep there were some bigger "buttons" that were together

ok so i broke em up and tied em wif to an eggcrate.. :) hopefully they will populate it and make a pillar :)

post-69-1119636539.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Ok fast post, PL light is fine for corals that dont require so strong lights, like mushrooms, buttons, starpolys.

They can still thrive in proper water conditions.

UPDATE:

My tank will now slowly evole into a STARPOLYP tank :)

;) brb

• 2 weeks later...

wow! cool man when ist look at your tank. where u get ur lighting from? around how much? i have a skimmer which is pump by air stones. can or not? i also set up a 1 feet tank, but having hang on filter. do u check ur water parameters? any more advice and tips?

post-69-1123253857.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Hello guys!

Sorry, i've been really busy for the past weeks! Cosplay stuff and personal time :)

I need a partner also okay!

Anyways, I really neglected my tank alot, loads of green stuff have been growing all over the glass. :(

I will clean it up and change da water on wed, and maybe go and pick up some corals.. maybe only.

Till then I'll post pics :)

potomotrygon: As long as your skimmer skims out brown stuff, its fine :)

Do water change once every 2 week(Use good salt or seawater)

And dont stick ur hand in too much :P

• SRC Member

Hehe Hobbes u really like cosplay ar! :D:D

Btw are you still using the iceprobe chiller? Is it useful in keep the temp stable and how low can it reach?

Nice tank potomotrygon! :) The skimmer seems to be taking up alot of space in the tank, the filter too :D Maybe u can consider using hang-on filter, then got more space for corals and fishes!

:D:D