5f by 2.5f by 2.5f fowlr

KTLK

• SRC Member

Hi. My new tank will arrive this afternoon so meanwhile will post pics of the drawing. Here is the spec:

5f by 2.5f by 2.5f 12mm IOS Main tank

3f by 2f by 16" Sump Tank

Auto top up tank with Aquamedic Aquaniveau

Aquamedic Ocean Runner 6500 as return pump (6500l/h)

2*Tunze 6060 as wavemaker ( Tunze will be concealed in separate chambers )

Will be getting Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000 Shorty 2 to do the skimming task

Will be getting Sander Ozoniser 1000 for water purification

Will be getting Aquamedic Denitrator 1000 after tank has cycled.

Here is the drawing:

front_view.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...big FOWLR

You want to keep angels?

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
i don't think u need Tunzes for your FOWLR

Cos I will be keeping fish like AT. Were told that they need strong current to live well.

Hardcore. :bow::bow:

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Tank is here finally,as usual,the same old fustrating routine...sand washing & pipe connecting :nc: will post pic of the tank tonight.

Great to see another set-up! Looking forward to see your step by step updates. :P

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Cos I will be keeping fish like AT. Were told that they need strong current to live well.

definately need strong current for them to leave well....some of my FOWLR friends notice a signifcaint improvement in their behaviours when they add in a tunze to their FOWLR.... ;)

for me even a seio in a 2 footer ended up with my fishes coming out more often to 'enjoy' the surf.....however ,do becareful of heat generated by sumersable pumps.... ;)

Tank is here finally,as usual,the same old fustrating routine...sand washing & pipe connecting :nc: will post pic of the tank tonight.

Sure will be a back breaking task for such a big tank...

Looking forward to seeing your tank pic... :)

• SRC Member

After a whole night of battling to get the right sg & cleaning up,at last I can find time to post the pic for my new tank. Here u go....IMG_0048.jpg

• SRC Member

Concealed tunze chambers.Don't really like the wavemaker to be seen on main viewing area,that's why have to hide it in this 11" chamber.IMG_0054.jpg

• SRC Member

Cycling process...can't wait to put in my first fish. Will get more liverocks & will start to landscape next,for now jus dump what I have first to cycle.IMG_0052.jpg

• SRC Member
care to take a pic of the concealed tunze chamber  ;)  how r u going to do maintenance  :huh:

The top part of the chambers are open concept,one on the left & the other right. The IOS is at the middle. The water will be suck in thru a hole below & into the chamber,the tunze will then push the water out to the main tank again. I will suck out dirt from the top.IMG_0055.jpg