Any Free Thing??

SeaMarine

• SRC Member
Maybe I very 'kaypoh' type lor...I do apologise if I have hurt your 'manly' feelings too...

Hey flubberina

U're not "kaypoh" lah .. just a very conscientious person, like the way U stand up 4 the underdogs & yr "peace-making ways". I think its "hard" to be a woman (like U & me) in a MAN's marine world. MayB we women R more lor sor .. hehe ;) , but can't help it lah .. I think its in our nature! I know this is :off: Sorry guys!

P.S : I think flubberina is right, Seamarine might B a newbie that got scared off by all the jibes. Think he was seriously thinking that someone might B willing 2 pass him something thats no longer needed (rather than 2 throw its away - wasted!).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r u chio ruff? hehe..

anyway nothing is free esp coral.

do expect favour n obligation to the previous

owner. It won’t definitely feel good when

u tell the ex-owner their fish/coral pass away.

Marine keeping is not cheap, so

only go into it if u can. esp test kits

n supplement. If u going to save on

tis.. then I wish u all the best.

If u dun pay, are you going to appreciate it n take good care of it??

Or r u coming back here again for generous ppl to give things away?

Newbie or not, this bears on a person's character. (if he always ask

for freebies, unless ppl volunteer to give away, then oki lah)

Opps, forgive me. I am only a teekor man.

k, not aimming at anyone.. just voice my opinion.

so who has a sun coral to give away? I just a lobang

in my exising tank. tik sunny will fit in nicely..! tks! :)

• SRC Member

Agreed wif wat Bwilly n Spider has said.

If he have went into marine keeping, he would have been mentally prepared tat tis hobby doesnt comes cheap. Btw, the initial setup cost of the tank is oredi not cheap, so how much is the cost of livestk compared to the amt of $$ he invested for his tank setup??? :whistle oh btw..its not the 1st thread tat he start to "ask" for freebies.

Dun expect others to do charitable work likewise if really fancy something, save up lah..(jeesh..u can see very lame remarks by others in the forum like I am student, I on budget lah etc..). Frankly speaking no one gives a Fug to that.

Not aiming at anyone juz voicing my opinion

Agreed wif wat Bwilly n Spider has said.

If he have went into marine keeping, he would have been mentally prepared tat tis hobby doesnt comes cheap. Btw, the initial setup cost of the tank is oredi not cheap, so how much is the cost of livestk compared to the amt of $$ he invested for his tank setup??? :whistle oh btw..its not the 1st thread tat he start to "ask" for freebies.

Dun expect others to do charitable work likewise if really fancy something, save up lah..(jeesh..u can see very lame remarks by others in the forum like I am student, I on budget lah etc..). Frankly speaking no one gives a Fug to that.

No aiming at anyone juz voicing my opinion

wei.. dun quote me..

I dun know u reall well..

n your avatar.. hehe..

Ok guys... no need to get all righteous and all... ;)

I think this is very much personal opinions on how some people just want freebies... be it because they are passionate about reefing AND are really poor OR just simply being cheapo, hee hee.

Marine reefkeeping IS NOT a cheap hobby. I was talking to someone just yesterday about some reefers and he was remarking (which I totally agree) that some people are so cheapo that they won't spend $$ on good equipment but are willing to buy fish and corals week after week to replace dead livestock.

My apologies to Seamarine if this thread got out of hand but the subject matter was 'not serious' anyway.

If you are seriously poor, don't even start this hobby. It's a money pit... trust me... I would be a far richer man if I never started this hobby... :(

My 2 cents... and personal opinion.

• SRC Member

i have sacrificed my tri weekly doses of Intoxication to setup my tank. sacrificed so much so that when i do drink a little bit i get drunk VERY VERY EASILY(hint*hint*im talking to you). Now i have to let girls sign me into clubs and get treated by them.. no face liao man.(but they insist). this hobby is seriously a deadly money pit. if i didnt start it ... i wonder what i would be doing now.. maybe have my own car... and online brokerage business..

AT u are scaring me man SCARY ! SCARY!

ya, personally not against anyone.

I agrees with AT. (ya. everything he said, I must agreed,

curry favour abit.. damn disgust n teekor bwilly..haha..)

I invested a few ks. n can't even see anytik much.

also dun know money go where. but u see the fish

n corals doing well, that's the reward part.

almost half as bad as mod my car. u see liao,

also duno the money go where.. haha..

• SRC Member
r u chio ruff? hehe..

Hey bwilly

Yep me woman or chio .. 4 no better word ;) I agree with U guys that this hooby is no walk in the park & B4 U know it thousands of $$ have been spent. MayB U R right, pple who R not willing 2 spend that amount of $$ should not even embark on marine keeping. Personally my tank is less than 2 months & we've already spent a couple of hundreds. Yes its definitely not nice to ask strangers 4 freebies, I dun advocate that at all. I just thought that mayB he was being genuine coz there R pple who R passionate about starting marine keeping but just dun have enugh dough at the present time. MayB they need a little help 2 get started. I didn't know he asked 4 other things B4 but I have seen other pple asking 4 this & that. Guys U must remember that there R pple who want 2 take up this hobby seriously but just can't, due 2 their financial situation/circumstances presently. Sometimes its not that they do not want 2 buy the best in the market, its just they can't afford 1 at the moment. In any hobby, there R high end stuff & budget buys. It doesn't mean that we can't buy the best/everything, that we R not able 2 indulge in our hobbies. Hobbies R meant 2 relax/amuse/keep our sanity when we R stressed, etc.

Everyone at their own pace & time...

Just my humble opinion, that all ... not directed at anyone :)

• SRC Member
:off: ha..? gals sign u to club..?

this karen too..? would like to meet her, slurp..

I got a bunch of army mates, 50% single

n still available..

i told u le.. that pic of her is like 7 years ago? she change a lot :P . i recommend u this place. Music underground. techno . ah lians. and girls who keep touching u as they walk by u

i told u le.. that pic of her is like 7 years ago? she change a lot :P . i recommend u this place. Music underground. techno . ah lians. and girls who keep touching u as they walk by u

I go OT also got.

the gals chio u to take them out.

kk bang into u, then smile..

"opps..sorrie.."

but need to pay them if u something more..

haha..

• SRC Member

oh man...

those are illegal prostitutes!!! :sick:

better see if there's algae growth at you know where

if you've done the funky dance with them...

they used to harrass me every evening when i worked at a nearby gym...

• SRC Member

bwilly quick start new thread in kopitiam!!! :D and just what is 50% single

n still available?? you mean 50% of them are still single or you mean they are attached but 50% available? :evil:

ruff: woman not= chio lah, chio=pretty, hong=woman. what bwilly really meant to ask you was: Do you possess inner beauty cuz that's after all really all that matters..... rite bwilly?

• SRC Member

And on more relevant stuff.... just to share my own experience, I was keeping a planted tank previously and frequented another local forum aquaticquotient, and it has a thriving sharing culture where pple very often give away plant cuttings or fishes. when I started as a newb a long time ago, I rem receiving riccia (a relatively expensive plant) in a huge amount from this super nice guy, who even sms-ed me a few days later to ask about them and if I needed more help on keeping them. likewise I have given away plants in my own turn, tho what really eventually turned me off from giving away freebies is meeting some blerdy idiots who behave like I owe them the plants, and either stand me up or can't be bothered to contact me after reserving the plants. but have also met some pple whom I really enjoyed chatting with and visiting. you'd be surprised at how blase some pple are when you tell them they're gg to get the plants and try and arrange to meet up with them. anyhow point is, I think its great to have a sharing culture provided some basic things are followed:

1) better to wait for pple to GIVE, then to ASK pple to give, cuz if pple want to give, they'll post, else it means they dowan to give, as simple as that.

2) it'll be great to be humble and ask nicely if pple don't mind giving or donating, instead of having topics which simply say "any free thing" like that whole point is to get freebies. don't mean to flame or anything but maybe I"m being sensitive but the posting did seem a bit demanding. I"m a newbie myself and have a cycled 3ft tank which needs lots of corals to fill, but I don't post to ask pple to give stuff to me to fill it up. plus at the very least if I do ask I"ll offer to pay a little bit as gratitude.

3) marine different from FW cuz plants grow easily and easy to propagate or cut and give away, so a bit hard to have the same sharing culture, unless its a swop.

ruff&flub: I can understand where you girls are coming from and I agree with you two (does that make me a metrosexual? :ooh: ) but I think its all in the way you ask for donations? And not to implicate the entire male race, but I think the tongue in cheek replies were in response to the way it was asked not the request itself. I esp like the toilet one myself... heh....

• SRC Member

Dun worry...no hard feelings..Believe the message has gotten across somehow or rather...and people who need to learn lessons have learnt them...including me... :P

All the best in our engaging hobbies... :peace:

• SRC Member
ruff: woman not= chio lah, chio=pretty, hong=woman. what bwilly really meant to ask you was: Do you possess inner beauty cuz that's after all really all that matters..... rite bwilly?

Hi hoppinghippos

O I C .. me got it wrong huh ;) . Yep inner beauty is definitely a good quality 2 posses.

ruff&flub: I can understand where you girls are coming from and I agree with you two (does that make me a metrosexual?  ) but I think its all in the way you ask for donations? And not to implicate the entire male race, but I think the tongue in cheek replies were in response to the way it was asked not the request itself.

Yeah I guess U R right. Being new 2 marine & forums alike, I'm not used 2 the way most guys here talk yet - the jibes, "directness", the "MAN talk". U notice how men usually speak differently when they know the farier ###### aren't around/listening .. . :paiseh: Me guess just have 2 blend in lah. I know most times U guys R kidding & all so I have no problems whatsoever with "men/adult talk" .. LOL. We R all adults here ... hehe :D

Peace Everyone :peace:

P.S : I wonder how many ladies we have in this forum & do they feel the same way ... ?

• SRC Member

:off:

hahahahah Ruff, what "MAN" talk??? hahaha you mean like

"uhhh who going farm today ar?? *scratch scratch armpit* *dig nose*"

"me me!!! *pound chest*" ???

anyhow I don't talk like that... I talk in a SNAGGY way... I go

"oh dear... hope you guys don't mind me asking, but just wondering if anyone is going to the lovely sweet farm today? I appreciate all your replies so so so much... gosh!!!" ahhahahahah :lol::lol:

• Join us on the largest Reefing community in Asia!

Sign up and share your reefing journey with us, make friends and get helps from the community .

• Topics

• Latest Update

1. 0

<密歇根大学学位证><UMich毕业证>Q微707091118办理美国大学留服认证,美国大学毕业证成绩单University of Michigan, Ann Arbor

2. 0

<普渡大学学位证><Purdue毕业证>Q微707091118办理美国大学留服认证,美国大学毕业证成绩单Purdue University, West Lafayette

3. 0

<伊利诺伊州立大学学位证><ISU毕业证>Q微707091118办理美国大学留服认证,美国大学毕业证成绩单 Illinois State University

4. 0

<伊利诺伊大学学位证><UIUC毕业证>Q微707091118办理美国大学留服认证,美国大学毕业证成绩单 University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign

5. 0

<佛罗里达大学学位证><Florida毕业证>Q微707091118办理美国大学留服认证,美国大学毕业证成绩单 University of Florida