Project: CGA

blueheaven

Yep, the chaeto is still sitting in my refugium as I did not go back to school these few days

Look at how much it has grown!!!! :shock::shock:

post-57-1119791328.jpg

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

Did you detect a drop in nitrates or phosphates? Any visible signs of microalgae having a slowdown in growth?

Well the growth of the chaeto did help me get rid of the remaining 2ppm of nitrates in my water. Phosphates have been undetectable since day 1 of my tank so quite difficult for me to tell.

As for slowdown in growth, generally not that much but I noticed that growth seems to retard when the specimen is confined in too small a space.

The reason I place them in the basket is not only to receive more intense light but also to keep the moonsnails from grazing on them <_<

OMG that looks like a very useful algae... I wonder how it'll do in natural sunlight

( I keep my sump in sunlight)

Where can I get a specimen? is it for sale?

Well I will be selling the specimen after the project so be sure to keep yourself updated :lol::lol:

whats your photo period? And does those trace elements really do wonders or is it the high wattage of light you use?

My photo period is 12hrs

I never add any additives such as trace elements. The reason that I credit to the good growth is to know how to correctly grow them.

I have followed what Anthony Calfo told me and it had reaped results!!!

According to him, the best way to grow chaeto is to keep it in a very high flow area so that all sides will receive light. But as I am keeping the specimen in the basket, I compensated for this by turning the specimen everyday to ensure that all sides get the light needed :D