Fish Farm or Fish Shops

Don't care its a farm or a shop

As long as the specimens are healthy, I'll buy it :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

Shops that get the supplies from farms are definitely more expensive. Those shops that do their own import are comparable to farms in terms of price. We do have a choice - depending on our preference of cost or quality.

New shipments, of fish in particular, tend to have a higher casualty rate due to stress in transit, etc. Some LFSs claim that they quarantine their fish before offering them for sale and of course they charge much more for the extra effort and only those fish that survived are left for sale and we pay for that too.

As many of our experienced reefers had advised, observe them carefully before you decide to take them home. If they look health and eat well it's a safer bet. Still, even that cannot quarantee that the fish is perfectly ok. That's why hobbyists are always buying and buying - seemingly none stop. The suppiers, whether farms or shop, are very very happy.

• SRC Member

cyclop made good pionters here.

we do pay a small premium price for thier efforts to quarantine the fishes. Its an important process if we, consumer were to stand a better chance of having the fish to survive in our tank, though our acclimatization of the newly aquired species plays an important part too, but that's out of the scope of this discussion.

So, i see it as not a question of which to buy from, but rather, do they quarantine well enough and ensure adequate feeding while in the holding facility. many of this fishes are literally being starved for days before they arrived at your LFS. marine fishes DO eat alot.

One such LFS has been a good example, he even feed them his own mix of seafood. i am sure you guys know who i am referring too. His LS has never let me down once.

• SRC Member
cyclop made good pionters here.

we do pay a small premium price for thier efforts to quarantine the fishes. Its an important process if we, consumer were to stand a better chance of having the fish to survive in our tank, though our acclimatization of the newly aquired species plays an important part too, but that's out of the scope of this discussion.

So, i see it as not a question of which to buy from, but rather, do they quarantine well enough and ensure adequate feeding while in the holding facility. many of this fishes are literally being starved for days before they arrived at your LFS. marine fishes DO eat alot.

One such LFS has been a good example, he even feed them his own mix of seafood. i am sure you guys know who i am referring too. His LS has never let me down once.

hi bro ... the LFS u are refreing is at the west side near the coast ?????

• SRC Member
and don't u just love his special mix of food

:yeah: He is the one! I have been getting his seafood, AquaTim, fishes, Daeil chiller,...from him. Always hook on going there. Ha...ha...Thought of getting his 32" bullet beckett too :cry2:

• SRC Member
Just say his name lah....you guys are enjoying yourself with this hint hint game.

He is Henry from Marinelife at West Coast!

Ya lah... haha... funny sia.. still must hint until ... haha..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

:bow::off:

would buying from a reefer here be a better bet? at least you know it's acclimatized already to living in an aquarium. from my ls that i bought, those from reefer has a higher survival rate than those i bought from farms :(

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.