Clown Aquaculture Page

xpert1974

moi precious babies gone (RIP :angel: ) :(:(

21 Jul: eggs finally hatched. transfer 10++ baby clowns to hatchery container (locate in main tank) :o:D

22 Jul: morning found all babies gone except 1.

23 Jul: last survivng baby gone too... :(

i guess they must have become supper/ breakfast for other tank mates. i'll need to setup seperate tank to decrease the mortality rate

moi precious babies gone (RIP :angel: ) :(:(

21 Jul: eggs finally hatched. transfer 10++ baby clowns to hatchery container (locate in main tank) :o:D

22 Jul: morning found all babies gone except 1.

23 Jul: last survivng baby gone too... :(

i guess they must have become supper/ breakfast for other tank mates. i'll need to setup seperate tank to decrease the mortality rate

sad to hear that!

but keep it up.... wish u all the best for the next batch.

• 2 weeks later...
my nemo just lay egss too but its on my elegant coral where they slp at

shld i wait for eggs to turn color then transfer?

or transfer b4 kanna eaten by other fishes?

meanwhile male nemo entertain both eggs n female..

female is too shag out after birth...

Just wait for the 7-8 day and the egg will hatch within 2 hrs after all lights off.

Use a bowl to scoop up the larva and transfer it to the breeding tank.

Remember to turn off all pumps and powerheads during the lights off period to prevent the larva from being suck into it.

hi xpert1974, could you share your experiences in clown aquaculture,any pic or procedure?

Sad to say this. I am a total failure on these. My 7th batch only got one still alive and kicking. It have been a week. And this is the only time my larva manage to live that long. All my larva is usually dead due to transfer from main tank to breeding tank.

After reading on the clownfish book, I decided to insert two piece of tiles near the clownfish hoping that they will lay their eggs on it so that I can easily transfer it to the breeding tank (Transfering the rock never work fine)