Travy's 90 Gallon

Travy

• SRC Member

2nd Week of cycling... :yeah:

After the "TRAGIC" mistake of rearranging my rockscape.... Tried my best to put it back together.

Wanted the right pile to be taller though...

Front view.

post-34-1123315055.jpg

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

Left view. What u see when u step into my house... erm.. excuse the background yeah? :P

Alot of open sand bed... thats what i like.

the tank now is lit by my 2x 2ft T5. QUite bright... imagine the amount of money i'll save if i were to go fish only... :lol:

Reason for not having the MH up yet is coz i havent hook up the chiller. Havent found a pump yet... <_<

post-34-1123315289.jpg

My Tank

• SRC Member

Just went to Coral farm and back.

Got myself a BEAUTIFUL colony of Zoos at an incredible price!

WIll take pic later coz not open after the FW bath...

One small white urchin. Into my tank MIA liao. Hidding in teh rocks i believe.

Got myself 3 big fan worms too... almost the size of my open plam, Cant resist.

And the biggest of the lot. :lol:

post-34-1123315670.jpg

My Tank

• SRC Member

Yeah fat and big... even one of my clowns decide to adopt it as a host... :P

All sleeping now.

Just got my pump. Gonna fix up the chiller and MH this weekend. Cheers Bros and sis... HAPPY NATIONAL DAY YA> :lol:

My Tank

Mine also

Ever since I removed that sarcophyton which hosted my clowns, they moved to the tubeworm instead <_<

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Mine also

Ever since I removed that sarcophyton which hosted my clowns, they moved to the tubeworm instead <_<

HAHA! Glad to hear that its "normal". Was thinkin that they could be confuse of something like that.

Been kinda quiet. Checked my parameters.

NO3 > 10

PH > 8.3 (Any idea how to raise it to 8.4?)

Temp > 27

These are abt the parameters i check. Weekly 20L water changes. (One big red pail.) Till my parameters stablise more...

Powder black tang recovering from itch. Now left a few spots on the pectoral fins, Hope they clear up soon... ;)

Having the idea of getting firegobies and royal gramma/blackcap (Depends on which one i come across first...) Any idea if they would be good buds? :huh:

Thinking of a "blue" fish too...

Blue devil... out

Powder blue tang... With my powder black? Hmm WW3? :nuke:

Blue tang... somehow dont like them...

No idea liao. :nc:

BTW have a pair of cleaners to let. See anyone interested can pm me. :D

WIll do an update of pictures this weekend. Now working late <_<

Lights out by the time i come home... :cry2:

My Tank

Think you got the sign wrong

It should be "<" instead right?

Anyway, optimum pH should be at 8.2 :lol:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member

HAHAHAHA! :lol:

Paiseh... < >... Actually wanted to do = but dunno why fingers and brain dont connect.

Thanks Blue heaven. Hmmm seems like i have one least parameters to worry abt. B)

My Tank

• SRC Member

Hey bro loster,

Yeah cycle completed. Had Moved all the fishes and corals to the tank.

Seems like things kept going wrong... Sorry bro the prata didnt survive the move from my 2feet to the holding tank. Was doin and feeding fine till i moved it then it simply refused to feed then started to contract tightly but the rest of my pratas and LPS are doing fine. Dont understand too. So Sorry to disappoint u bro..

My Powder black and boxfish also died. Bad case of itch. Both fishes did well for abt 3 weeks in my isolation tank and recovered at first from an initial bout of itch.

After introducing it to my main tank last weekend, kanna again, then recovered Last few days got it again BIG TIME. Yesterday was still feeding, this morning discovered their lifeless bodies on the sand bed...

Its never abt money but the amount of effort and attachment and also questions my reef keeping skill.

Still couldnt accept that suddenly everything decide to go over such a short period of time.

Water parameters still as the last time i checked.

YT PT and the 2 clownfishes are also having spots but still behaving normally and feeding well.

Seemed like its gonna be a gloomy sunday for me.

The dark skies and the sound of thunder seems to make it worst.

My biggest case of disappointment yet.

Just hope that the rest of the fishes recovers.

My Tank

• SRC Member

Manage to take some pictures today. Not much.

Full tank shot in actnics.

Fishes all sleeping.

post-34-1124023043.jpg

My Tank

• SRC Member

Some of my corals.

Again excuse the lousy shots.

Not fully expanded.

post-34-1124023176.jpg

My Tank

• SRC Member

hey it's alright. don't be discouraged. i am sure when u come out of the "difficulties", you will be more confident to handle your reefing again :rolleyes:

take it slow........ don't hurry. reefing require a lot of patience and experience :P

age.png

• SRC Member
Hey bro loster,

Yeah cycle completed. Had Moved all the fishes and corals to the tank.

Seems like things kept going wrong... Sorry bro the prata didnt survive the move from my 2feet to the holding tank. Was doin and feeding fine till i moved it then it simply refused to feed then started to contract tightly but the rest of my pratas and LPS are doing fine. Dont understand too. So Sorry to disappoint u bro..

My Powder black and boxfish also died. Bad case of itch. Both fishes did well for abt 3 weeks in my isolation tank and recovered at first from an initial bout of itch.

After introducing it to my main tank last weekend, kanna again, then recovered Last few days got it again BIG TIME. Yesterday was still feeding, this morning discovered their lifeless bodies on the sand bed...

Its never abt money but the amount of effort and attachment and also questions my reef keeping skill.

Still couldnt accept that suddenly everything decide to go over such a short period of time.

Water parameters still as the last time i checked.

YT PT and the 2 clownfishes are also having spots but still behaving normally and feeding well.

Seemed like its gonna be a gloomy sunday for me.

The dark skies and the sound of thunder seems to make it worst.

My biggest case of disappointment yet.

Just hope that the rest of the fishes recovers.

bro wat do u feed yr fishs?

OuR LoVe StOrY SiTe->http://ohjs83.multiply.com

• SRC Member
,Aug 14 2005, 11:43 PM]

bro wat do u feed yr fishs?

Garlic soaked krill, market prawns. Cyclopeze flakes, and marco aglea which i bought and is growing on the balcony in a spare plastic tank.

Somehow everyday eating less and less.. Itch getting worst and worst...

Seems like everything is lop sided and kept swinging...

In my previous tank always have a hard time keeping parameters right for corals, fishes i have always did great. Now the CORALS are doing fine with the MH and chiller and my fishes kept dying.

My Tank

• SRC Member
hey it's alright. don't be discouraged. i am sure when u come out of the "difficulties", you will be more confident to handle your reefing again :rolleyes:

take it slow........ don't hurry. reefing require a lot of patience and experience :P

I hope so bro.

Its not abt the amount of money i spent on my fishes, its more on attachment since some that died been with me for more then a year (Esp the pair of clownfishes).

Been really down these few days. Cant even sleep well without totally tiring myself out during the day. Kinda stupid i know but i believe some reefers out there share the same emotions.

Looking at my tank now, Well.. i can say that its more or less what i always wanted as a kid. I remember dreaming abt setting up a marine tank some 5yrs ago when i first set my eyes on an emperor angel. (Which i cant keep now due to my corals...talk abt life being ironic....)

And yet now my fishes are dropping off like flies... Really sad.

Haiz.

My Tank

• SRC Member

Garlic soaked krill, market prawns. Cyclopeze flakes, and marco aglea which i bought and is growing on the balcony in a spare plastic tank.

Somehow everyday eating less and less.. Itch getting worst and worst...

Seems like everything is lop sided and kept swinging...

In my previous tank always have a hard time keeping parameters right for corals, fishes i have always did great. Now the CORALS are doing fine with the MH and chiller and my fishes kept dying.

got mixes vitamin into yr food? maybe u can use selcon ?

OuR LoVe StOrY SiTe->http://ohjs83.multiply.com

• SRC Member

Too late for that bros.

All my fishes wiped out leaving one surviving YT. Caught it and left it in my isolation tank. Not feeding at all, belly looks bloated. Will begin the copper treatment hope its not too late.

My tank is now clear of fishes. Only my shrimps and my LPSs. Gonna maintain weekly 25L water changes and wait out a couple of months b4 even thinkin of adding any fishes...

Will try to post some updated pics soon. Hope my YT recovers.

My Tank

• SRC Member

Some updates since the "Itch" Catastrophe.

YT only survivor. Now in QT. been dosing with AquaPharm's pro series Cure Itch.

Seemed to be working well. YT much better but still not eating. (maybe still in shock.)

Main tank. Now devoid of fishes. Guess its a good time for me to establish my mirco fauna while waiting for the itch to die off... a month? maybe two?

Pods population explosion now. Every on the glass on my main tank to my sump.

Good thing i persume.

Tube worms spawn last week... this week saw quite a number of small 1-2mm white worms on the glass too. Maybe a whole colony of fan worms may pop out of no where in the future. Too bad its those normal ones, imagine it being those striped or purple ones... $$$ :eyebrow:

All my LPS doing fine. Got a new green bubble and black cuke from i aquaria today. And a clam from reborn.

Wanted to give clams a try so bought a cheap one to test out.

Parameters are good. Nitrate slowly reducing since the dosing of seachem's STABILITY. Anyone else tried?

PH: 8.3

Temp: 27 used to be at 28.

My Tank

• SRC Member

Yeap Been running for sometime.

Water at 27 haha put my hands in realised that its quite cold. :P

YT in QT started feeding today. Rejected seaweed but pigging out on cyclopeze flakes. :lol:

So happy.

Cant do a pic update of my tank coz my aunt took the camera... <_<

My Tank

• SRC Member

Nothing to do today... :fear:

So decide to rescape... AGAIN! Sometimes how i wish someone could just give me a slap everytime i decide to do that. (Geezz... come to think of it... do have a handful of people i know would loved to do that... girlfriend among them.. :lol: )

Anyho... Did a rescape realised that the clam i bought is too big for my liking.

Any smaller ones for trade? :nc:

And also found out that my tank seemed to be crawling with pods! Looks eeky... Small white dots all over the glass. My parents tot they were the itch parasites... Maybe they're rite.... :erm:

Extended the rockswork backwards. Cant post pics till i get my hands on a digicam though. So now u can say is all AIR TALK la. :heh:

Went to bioocean to have a look today. Very surprised to see a coursemate of mine. Chatted for awhile. Great tangs display tank they have, really beautiful.

Not much life stock but quite an extensive range of additives and products. Good price too. Now i know where to go to next time then travelling all the way to "seletar"... Too far la.

My Tank

• SRC Member
So decide to rescape... AGAIN! Sometimes how i wish someone could just give me a slap everytime i decide to do that. (Geezz... come to think of it... do have a handful of people i know would loved to do that...

me! me! me! :yeah: me will be the first one :evil::yeah:

since you offter...can't resist the temptation :evil::pirate:

age.png