RAV-65's Reef Haven...

RAV-65

Somehoe these sort of thing will get into your tank

There's no escaping especially when you have a refugium where they can bloom :evil:

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehoe these sort of thing will get into your tank

There's no escaping especially when you have a refugium where they can bloom :evil:

Just wanna keep it simple ... so maybe wun be keeping so many organisms in my sump... intending for brittle stars and sand dollars niah... ;)

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

In that case, watch out for signs of too big an anaerobic region

If next time you want to remove, it'll be a problem then

But if you tame me, we shall need each other.

To me, you will be unique in all the world.

To you, I shall be unique in all the world...

You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

-Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Keep our hobby sustainable, participate in fragging NOW

CHAETO Farmer FarmerDan.gif

• SRC Member
Anybody used Sequence?! Maybe a good pump...;)

Hi RAV65. The 2 Sequence DARTs I'm using are relatively quiet compared to the single md55 I'm using to drive my beckett.

You're welcome to drop by to have a look for yourself if you'd like. Just give me a buzz during the weekend. Cheers!

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

Hi RAV65.

With regards to the headloss, do take note that the DART is not pressure rated. Headloss will depend on the length of piping run (taking into consideration vertical climb as well as horizontal run), number of elbows, ball valves, etc.

The pump has cooling fins which dissipate heat from the pump. I have added cooling fans on the bridge which is situated above the pumps for my FR.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=35528&st=165

Hope the info helps.

Cheers! ;)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

Hi RAV65.

With regards to the headloss, do take note that the DART is not pressure rated. Headloss will depend on the length of piping run (taking into consideration vertical climb as well as horizontal run), number of elbows, ball valves, etc.

The pump has cooling fins which dissipate heat from the pump. I have added cooling fans on the bridge which is situated above the pumps for my FR.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...ic=35528&st=165

Hope the info helps.

Cheers! ;)

Thanxs bro!! Your tank really complicated siah... see liao also blur... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Yes Weileong. You've got a point there...DART has no cooling fan...only cooling fins. Well thought of. ;)

• SRC Member

Thanxs bro!! Your tank really complicated siah... see liao also blur... :(

:lol::lol::lol: Not much space with the huge beckett right in front. Good thing my 9yrs in the RSAF prepared me for working in confined spaces...this is just like working on a helicopter. :P

:lol::lol::lol: Not much space with the huge beckett right in front. Good thing my 9yrs in the RSAF prepared me for working in confined spaces...this is just like working on a helicopter. :P

And another 12 years in gymnastics and yoga right?? :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

seems like DART another choice for consideration.

How abt the noise level and heat? Can use your hands to feel?

One slight problem is the intake which is 2", need to use giant bulkhead :P

Huh? Didn't know the bulkhead 2".... lucky u mentioned.... Damn... still cant decide on wat pump to use... :(

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Cannot feel heat coz got a fan blowing directly onto the pump but have to say that the cooling fins do a good job in dissipating the heat even without the fan.

Vibration-wise, mounted the pump onto a wooden board and layered with vibration absorbing rubber mat. Also have flexible hose section at the intake portion so as to prevent any vibrations from getting into contact with the sump manifold which might cause that area to crack.

The DART comes with a 2"-1.5" reducer. However, take note that this is the max allowable reduction so as not to induce stress on the pump. Also, the threads on the reducer are for American Schedule standards so the Japanese JIS standard thread on your male adaptor (if you're using JIS standard) might not mate perfectly. This was the reason for the leak when I initially connected the pipings. What I did was apply silicon sealant (not too much though) onto the threads itself and now, no leak. ;)

Hope the info helps. :P

Cannot feel heat coz got a fan blowing directly onto the pump but have to say that the cooling fins do a good job in dissipating the heat even without the fan.

Vibration-wise, mounted the pump onto a wooden board and layered with vibration absorbing rubber mat. Also have flexible hose section at the intake portion so as to prevent any vibrations from getting into contact with the sump manifold which might cause that area to crack.

The DART comes with a 2"-1.5" reducer. However, take note that this is the max allowable reduction so as not to induce stress on the pump. Also, the threads on the reducer are for American Schedule standards so the Japanese JIS standard thread on your male adaptor (if you're using JIS standard) might not mate perfectly. This was the reason for the leak when I initially connected the pipings. What I did was apply silicon sealant (not too much though) onto the threads itself and now, no leak. ;)

Hope the info helps. :P

Good writeup bro... now, the big question : Anything bad about the pump?? :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Good writeup bro... now, the big question : Anything bad about the pump?? :P

So far, none leh. Have to say I'm very satisfied with the pumps up til now. :P