1. 1. Which method works for you?

• Hypo
    • Reef Safe medication
    • Copper based medication
    • Fresh water dip
    • Others
    • Let them fight it out...

• SRC Member

Y issint there any choice for UV treatment?

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

• 3 months later...

You may consider Microbe-lift products, very good for reef tank maintenance & fish health management, also disease prevention.

Cheers and Happy Reefing....

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

You may consider Microbe-lift products, very good for reef tank maintenance & fish health management, also disease prevention.

yeap.. i read that its not actually a medication... it doesnt really remove ich, but its boost up the fish health.. something like a spa treatment for fishes..

should be safe...

Teh'sTankSetup Decomm on 18/8/2012

Tank: 2x1x1 Rimless Tank (Sumpless)

Lighting: Aquazonic 2x24watts T5 (Actinic x Sun White)

Moonlight: Acardia 1W Led Light (Blue)

Filter: ISTA Max Care Cannister

Skimmer: Bubble Magus E3

Chiller: Resun CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Wave: Boyu WM-25

Commissioned 20/9/2012

Tank: 3x2x2.5

Lighting: 250w DeLighting MH/ 2x 39w Delighting Diy T5 ATI Blue Plus

Skimmer: H&S Skimmer Type 110-F2000

Chiller: CL450 (Aquazonic Evo Pump)

Return Pump: Eheim 1260

Reactor: D&D H2Ocean FMR 75 (ADA 1500 Pump)(Rowaphos)

Wavemaker: 2x SunSun Wavemaker (3000L)

Incoming:

Conch ll Basic

ATO System/Tunze Osmolator

Magic Marine 3CH Dosing Pump

• Sponsor

It's Clear from Florida Aquafarm. Available via Iwarna, Madpetz, Marinelife.

"It’s Clear™ is a natural, “reef safe” water treatment for removal of suspended organic particles including protozoan stages of oodinium and cryptocaryan. Useful in controlling microalgae and bacterial blooms. Restores brightness and clarity to the cloudiest saltwater or freshwater. Will not damage filters or equipment. Not a bacteria based product. This is a patented cationic polyelectrolyte made from a deacetylated form of chitin called chitosan which is derived from crustacean shells. This positive charge, combined with a high molecular weight and high charge density makes it ideal for flocculating organic turbidity. It’s Clear is nontoxic to fish, mammals and aquatic plants when used as instructed. This is a clear viscus solution that will not discolor aquarium water. Does not create a gummy or gelatinous mat on filter beds like alum sulfate. Filters do not have to be turned off and water exchanges are not required after treatment."

Distributor for Fauna Marin, Reed Mariculture, Reef Nutrition, APBreed, Dr G's Mariculture, Florida Aquafarms, Repashy Superfoods, New Era Aquaculture.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 1 month later...

You can try Hertana & Artemiss application 12hrs apart.. This will act as an immune system stimulant and destressant.

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 1 month later...

My tank had a breakout recently... All thanks to blue face... :( I've tried many methods (weekly water change, raising temp. to 32C & fresh water bath) but to no avail. As I'm keeping fowlr, I simply add Ocean Free parasite remover bought from marine parade's Sam & Yick. Surprisingly, my last struggling survivors not only made it through, they have fully recovered On the 2nd day. Amazing. Caution! Remember to remove invertebrates prior medication!!

I share knowledge, interest & passion in reefing.. NOT by showing them off...

Contrary to popular belief Increasing temperature does not hasten life cycle of marine ich. It only depletes oxygen levels in marine aquaria & stresses the fish more.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

For a tank for fish only, seachem copper is the best i tried, followed by hypo treatment.

for hypo treatment, some fishes cant take it so beware. i lost my lineatus and mystery during hypo treatment. not sure what happen, both started to lost their balance after 1 week of hypo treatment. rest of the wrasse and tangs unaffected.

• 9 months later...

My tank is down with ich a couple of days ago...but am winning the battle so thought I would share with everyone out there

1. I use dr g's anti parasitic fish food to feed my tank three to four times a day. My anthias, chromis and wrasse happily gobble it down but my tangs are not touching it.

2. After each feeding of dr g, I then feed a small amount of pellet food soaked with garlic and selcon

3. I dose the tank with polyp lab medic double the dosage after consulting polyp lab

4. I run uv sterilizer 24-7 but switch it off for 2 hours after each dose of the medic to let the medic do its work

5. I took off the filter socks to let the water flow properly in the sump and get as much flow as possible in the sump

That's all I did!

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Interestingly, someone in US tried using ginger and it works!!!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2342319

Anyone here tried this method and share the experience?

could be correlation not causation. I don't see how adding a land herb magically cures ich, without side effects on the fish. Garlic also has been condemned more recently due to it's effect on the fish immune system, so ginger may be no different. But hey, if you're willing to take the risk then do it and post your findings! It would be good if someone found out if what he said is true(or not)

• 3 weeks later...

In my humble experience...bucket/tank transfer, combine with fallow period if your display is infested, is the best method for removing ich. The best tool against ich is to intimately understand the parasite's life cycle (see links below). Once you read and absorb knowledge, you will understand why the disease frustrates. The standard novice mistake is to think ich has been eradicated when the fish no longer have spots. Not true, this is part of the normal life cycle when cysts fall off to produce daughter parasites. If you really want to eradicate the bug then you have to put in hard work and patience. Ich is not killed by any miracle potion, food, or other quick fix. Be prepared to put in long weeks or just live with the disease.

Tank/Bucket transfer

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/blog.php?b=508

Quick pros/cons of each method discussed so far:

PROVEN EFFECTIVE (assuming user is following proper and clean procedure):

Copper - 100% effective. Inverts and some fish cannot tolerate. Precision required. Must use in sterile set-up (no rock or filter media). Not recommended for beginners.

Hypo - 100% effective. Inverts and some fish cannot tolerate. Precision required (wider margin of error than copper).

Formalin - 100% effective. Inverts and some fish cannot tolerate. Toxic to humans. Hard to acquire.

COINCIDENTAL, MARGINAL, POSSIBLE EFFECT

UV - Hard to dial in for parasites. Not 100%. Expensive.

Garlic and other special foods - Not 100%. Coincidental/anecdotal evidence.

All other medicine - Nothing has been proven 100% effective against ich other than copper or formalin.

PROVEN NOT EFFECTIVE

Biological controls - Using fish has an obvious flaw - the cleaner will become infected! Cleaner shrimp cannot "dig" deep enough to remove encysted parasites. Not 100%.

Freshwater dip/bath - Does not kill encysted stage of life cycle, only free-swimming in water column. As others have commented, you can dip/bath every few days, but this method has a serious flaw. What about the parasites in the holding tank? Also, a dip does not kill encysted parasites. Not 100%.

My reference/resource:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-10/sp/feature/

• 4 weeks later...