Getaway near Singapore

releeps

• SRC Member

Have to be more specific on what you like to do when you say nice & relaxing getaway.

1. Some people find it relaxing and enjoy the sun & sea. B) Some people think otherwise (get sunburn, too hot, sea too sticky.. etc) :pinch:

2. Some people find it relaxing to stroll through nature trails. :yeah: Some people think otherwise (get scratches, too tiring, mosquito bites..) :eyeblur:

3. Some people find it relaxing to enjoy indoors activities (bowling, indoor archery, carrom). :phone: Some find it boring. :(

4. Some people find it relaxing to stay in their resort room (eat, sleep and watch tv) the entire duration just to get away from the hectic life.

You have to be specific unless you want to take the adventure route (that won't be nice and relaxing though. ;)

Forget my mumbling, I'm overworked. Maybe I need to take a nice & relaxing getaway. :nuke:

• SRC Member

Haha, k, I be more specific. I looking for a nice relaxing getaway in a beach house overlooking the sea with hopefully no tankers in sight. It preferrebly be near Singapore as I can only affort to take 2 or 3 days off. If can do some fishing will be nice. Most importantly must be safe and romatic. :D

Most important qn.

Going alone or bringing ur family/wife/gf etc?

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Somewhere near Singapore. Maximum travelling < 3hrs

1. Pulau Ubin Resort

http://forums.keeptouch.net/showthread.php?t=31046

2. Pulau Sibu (West Malaysia) - Nearest to SG. Good fishing. Relaxing.

http://www.marimari.com/hotel/malaysia/sib...s/location.html

• SRC Member
Somewhere near Singapore. Maximum travelling < 3hrs

1. Pulau Ubin Resort

http://forums.keeptouch.net/showthread.php?t=31046

2. Pulau Sibu (West Malaysia) - Nearest to SG. Good fishing. Relaxing.

http://www.marimari.com/hotel/malaysia/sib...s/location.html

i think Sibu is really too small leh... i went there once and was a little shocked at how small it was... but if you just want to go there relax your mind then should be ok...

The resort I went to had a nice semi-enclosed area where u can snorkel and see clams embedded in rocks....

• SRC Member
Is Sibu island the one facing south china sea? The one with oen or two Kelong for fishing? Tink last time I go is about $100 per person..but 10 years ago :P

huh got kelong meh? Hm.. last time I went it was a proper resort.. small but resort nonetheless...

went to this coral island or what but only saw silty water and a few fishes that's all... so if you are there to see corals don't bother...

Price wise.. really cannot remember already... but should be cheaper than tioman